Help with Merino

Hi Ladies- Im interested in adding some merino for trip to Norway. I have one long sleeve black. Thinking about a tank or short sleeve that I can easily layer. I notice there are many fabric weights listed. What merino weight do you prefer and why? Also, What are your favorite sites for Merino?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's a bad season to buy merino at a discount ;-) My favorite tees are from Costco - got a bunch a couple years ago for less than $20. Are they high end? No. But they hold up just fine and I use the heck out of them as casual tees that add warmth without smell (& they handwash great on vacation!) I've bought a bunch of Smartwool & Icebreaker from Sierra Trading Post. I haven't paid attention to the weights but rather the description - I tend to go for light or medium - I'm warm blooded and prefer to layer instead of using a single heavy duty piece.

For nicer pieces, I have a few Eileen Fisher sweaters. I keep my eye out on consignment stores (& occasionally can find at thrift stores!) or end-of-season clearance from Nordstrom, Neiman's etc (and/or their discount stores - Nordstrom Rack, Off Fifth, Last Call...Online though)