Panama Canal OS ship recommendations

Scoundrel2

I just got back from a cruise on the Pearl to Alaska which was magnificent. Now I want to plan a cruise through the Panama Canal, but I want to stay in an OS with a forward and side balcony. This is the room I had to Alaska and would like the same or similar configuration room. I would definitely sail on the Pearl again but it appears limited on the frequency it travels through the Canal, so I am looking for recommendation and information about other NCL ships that would meet my request.

I just got back from a cruise on the Pearl to Alaska which was magnificent. Now I want to plan a cruise through the Panama Canal, but I want to stay in an OS with a forward and side balcony. This is the room I had to Alaska and would like the same or similar configuration room. I would definitely sail on the Pearl again but it appears limited on the frequency it travels through the Canal, so I am looking for recommendation and information about other NCL ships that would meet my request.

The Star and Jade also have the cabins you describe. Other ships of the same class as the Star, Jade, and Pearl will also have the forward facing cabins at the end of the row that also have a side facing balcony.

Right, any of the Jewel Class or Dawn class ships have the same setups as far as the front and side balcony for the OS. Deck 9 and 10 rooms differ a bit on the inside. Star and Dawn also have glass doors that pull together to separate the master bedroom from the living room vs. just curtains on the Jewel class.

So basically go to ncl.com pick a destination (panama canal) and you'll see the options.

We just booked the Panama Canal cruise for Jan., 2019 on the Star in the exact type of room you described. OS with a front and side balcony - looks amazing! The side balcony has an overhang and should be in the shade all/most of the time. The front will be perfect for the transit through the Canal.

I know just how you feel booking another cruise right away. We got off the Pride of America to Hawaii earlier this month (review in process) and not only booked the Panama Canal (on my husband's bucket list), but are also considering a British Isles cruise (on my bucket list). You get soooo spoiled in an OS that returning to "real life" is hard!

We just booked the Panama Canal cruise for Jan., 2019 on the Star in the exact type of room you described. OS with a front and side balcony - looks amazing! The side balcony has an overhang and should be in the shade all/most of the time. The front will be perfect for the transit through the Canal.

I know just how you feel booking another cruise right away. We got off the Pride of America to Hawaii earlier this month (review in process) and not only booked the Panama Canal (on my husband's bucket list), but are also considering a British Isles cruise (on my bucket list). You get soooo spoiled in an OS that returning to "real life" is hard!

You are so right about returning to "real life". This has been a rough week back and it doesn't help that my view from my office is of the piers in Seattle where the cruise ships dock. I am contemplating the life of a stowaway.

The Hawaii cruise is also on our list. We love Hawaii anyway (who doesn't?) so a cruise seems like a great option to see all of the islands.

As for the OS, this is the only way to go. I will sacrifice frequency of cruising for staying in this room. The room was great and the staff just put the experience over the edge.