London Heathrow to Southampton, UK

Hi Everyone,

I regret if this has come up before but if anyone can direct me to the thread where this is detailed, it would be great. I need to find out the best way (or options) of getting from LHR to Southampton.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Hi Everyone,

I regret if this has come up before but if anyone can direct me to the thread where this is detailed, it would be great. I need to find out the best way (or options) of getting from LHR to Southampton.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Well - I would check in the Britain thread...

1. Limousine service (about 120 GBP)

2. Ship's transfer

3. National Express Coach and taxi from the bus station

That's the best options.

Regards,

HeinBloed

Many people seem happy with using the National Express coach (i.e. bus) service from Heathrow Central Bus Station to Southampton Coach Station. Coaches run at approximately hourly intervals and take less than 2 hours. Current fares for a one-way journey are GBP 13.80 for an adult ticket. For those aged 60 or more there is a discount ticket at GBP 6.90. I understand that these can be pre-booked on the Internet from the USA. A taxi from the rank outside the coach station to any of the terminals takes around 5 minutes and costs around GBP 5.00, slightly more to the QEII Terminal.

Details of coaches are at http://www.nationalexpress.com/ . Your journey is from LHR and to Southampton coach station, NOT any of the other options including the cruise terminal!

If you want more information then search for other threads on this subject as there are more complete answers there.

Enjoy your journey and cruise.

The National Express Coach is fine for most people and its reasonably priced.

The coach station at Southampton is a 6 to 9 GBP taxi ride to the cruise terminals.

Only hiccups with National Express is that the formal luggage allowance is 2 cases neither of which should be heavier than 20kg (44lbs) plus hand luggage.

If you are using Terminal 4, you have to catch the Heathrow Connect train over to the Central Area where the bus station is.

From Terminal 4 a lot of people now take the RailAir coach to Woking where they pick up the Southampton trains (at least 3 an hour)

Full Heathrow to Southampton Transfer options are detailed here, both public and private transport.

Archived