Doubletree Newark Airport

I am aware that this is near the airport in an industrial area. We arrive at 6pm and simply want a clean safe room for the evening before our cruise. We chose this because we were able to use some of our Hilton points plus $40. We wanted a full service hotel for the restaurant. My question is..is this a safe hotel? Is it clean?

I am aware that this is near the airport in an industrial area. We arrive at 6pm and simply want a clean safe room for the evening before our cruise. We chose this because we were able to use some of our Hilton points plus $40. We wanted a full service hotel for the restaurant. My question is..is this a safe hotel? Is it clean?

The reviews are very hit or miss. I haven't stayed there for a number of years. I felt it was a safe area - it's relatively isolated with no random foot traffic. It's also used by airline crews, so folks are coming and going 7x24. Level of cleanliness seems to vary widely. RCL does use this hotel for precruise accommodations.

Are you flying or driving? IMO the hotel is tricky to find by car so if you're driving, post back and tell us whether you would come east on I78 or be getting off the turnpike at exit 14.