Hotels In Port Canaveral

Jcnbarb4RN

Where is the best place to stay cost wise and comfort for 5 adults? Should we go with a park and cruise or do this separate and stay at a hotel and pay to park at the cruise terminal? Which is easier? Our 7 night cruise is Feb.28th on the Sunshine!

Well that depends on whether you're driving or flying. It sounds like you may be driving by your comment. If you stay at a hotel, you might spend $120-$150 for a snooze and cruise package and park the car there for 7 days at no additional charge. Otherwise staying one night may run $100-$120 or so and then you'd pay anywhere from about $80 for an offsite parking facility or $120 to park right at the port. However, most of the hotels have open, unsecured lots, whereas the private and port parking facilities are gated and guarded, so should be a bit safer bet against theft, but of course, everyone denies responsibility and you park at your own risk no matter what.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I was just starting to look into hotels there also for our August cruise. We are 4 (2 adults, 2 teens) driving also which sounds like you are.

Personally after an experience in Tampa I will never do a stay & park again. Though there is a good chance it was just that hotel being totally incompetent, it was the most frustrating way to end an amazing 7 day cruise. It was screwed to start with, got there about 3pm, reserved the shuttle time, went to dinner at 5pm and there was another group checking in. They reserved this shuttle 15 mins before ours for this group... we waited over an hour to get on the shuttle after our reserved time, then almost 2 hours (after I called them at 6am when were were coming back like they said with disembark time..) for them to pick us up, after 30 mins I started calling, every 15 mins he was on his way and must be in traffic. I watched the same Double Tree shuttle pass us 6 times while waiting.

To me, that extra $80 or $120 to park at the port and not have a possible frustration is priceless.

If I do find a good hotel in the next day or so I will post it though also!

To me, that extra $80 or $120 to park at the port and not have a possible frustration is priceless.

!

I second this as well and will be doing a similar thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We ALWAYS stay at what is now America's Best Value Inn. (It used to be an Econo Lodge.) We stay there the night before cruises out of Miami or Fort Lauderdale too. It is in Cocoa (NOT Cocoa Beach), easy to get to from 95. It is very close to the port. They have a continental breakfast- scrambled eggs, toast, sausage gravy & biscuits, and cereal.

All the rooms have been freshly painted and some have new furniture. They now charge $5 for the trip to and from the port but that is certainly worth it. We have never paid more the $79 staying there. (There is a senior's rate too). I think they may have sleeper sofas also. And you keep your car keys and park right in from of the building where they can see your car from the desk.

Going back to the hotel is very easy! When you get out side you turn left and walk down the walk. There is a table and George checks your name off his list. The shuttle is there waiting. You can get right on the shuttle if you want. The shuttle is not very big and as soon as its full, it leaves. Sometimes it takes you to the Days Inn first but the Value Inn is close by so you really don't loose any time.

We stayed at the Radisson once but they raised their prices so much we're happy staying at Best Value for a lot less. And didn't really like having to park so far back from the hotel in their cruise parking lot. Its easy to break in to a car here.

Edited by Bonnie J.