Carnival Wedding Cake Flavors & Tiers

We are going to have a three tier wedding cake and are trying to decide which flavors to have on which tier. - This in itself is a struggle as they all sound soooo good!

We want to make sure that the tier we cut into is our favorite cake flavor. Do we cut the top tier of the cake? Typically at a wedding, the top tier is saved for the 1 year anniversary. I'm pretty sure this cannot happen on a cruise wedding.

There are so many flavors to choose from...Which did you choose?

We are going to have a three tier wedding cake and are trying to decide which flavors to have on which tier. - This in itself is a struggle as they all sound soooo good!

We want to make sure that the tier we cut into is our favorite cake flavor. Do we cut the top tier of the cake? Typically at a wedding, the top tier is saved for the 1 year anniversary. I'm pretty sure this cannot happen on a cruise wedding.

There are so many flavors to choose from...Which did you choose?

They will have you cut into the bottom tier of the cake. We only had a two tier and they didn't have the specialty items yet, so we just when with good ol' marble cake and chocolate filling (it was delicious). You are correct that you won't be able to take the top tier off the ship, but they will happily serve you the cake for dessert in the dining room throughout the week. Our sailing guests helped us devour it by the third night.

One of tiers is the same as SarahOhara's, and the other is the same as CarnivalBrides' :D

If we have enough guests for a third, we'll do vanilla cake with strawberry filling, but for right now, it's looking like two-tiers.

Edited by VASOXFANN

They will have you cut into the bottom tier of the cake. We only had a two tier and they didn't have the specialty items yet, so we just when with good ol' marble cake and chocolate filling (it was delicious). You are correct that you won't be able to take the top tier off the ship, but they will happily serve you the cake for dessert in the dining room throughout the week. Our sailing guests helped us devour it by the third night.

Thank you. I will put our favorite flavor on the bottom.

We are planning on 30-35 guests at our wedding. I never thought it would be that many. Totally excited.

We are going to go with a three tier cake rather than the two tier cake. The three tier looks more grand and we get to choose a third flavor. For us it is worth the $50 up charge for the larger cake.

I think we are going to go with vanilla cake on top. Still trying to decide between lemon filling or strawberry filling. Middle layer is chocolate with fudge ganache. Bottom will be red velvet with cream cheese filling.

We had the red velvet once on carnival. It was really tasty.

Unlike, Carnival_Brides, they had us cut into the top tier of the cake... so maybe there isn't a standard? :confused: And I know they served the top tier first at our wedding, because we had the bottom tier with the piping on it at dinner each night. You may want to ask your about coordinator this one. I wonder if which tier to cut has anything to do with type of cake topper you use? Or just make sure you know which tier has the flavor you want and make sure you cut into that tier, since it seems you can cut either one. If it doesn't matter which tier you cut, I'd probably make the larger tier whatever flavor you think will be most popular, so there is more of it to go around... or make the larger tier your favorite, so you have more of that one to eat at dinner each night.

They will bring you the cake at dinner every night to finish off during the cruise, but you cannot take it off the ship or take it home. And I didn't do it, but I think you can have room service bring some to your room also.

We went with vanilla cake with Bavarian crème filling for both tiers... and it was amazing. From everything I've heard and all the reviews I've read, I don't think you can go wrong with any flavor or filling. I don't think I've seen a bad review yet about how the cakes taste.

_OJ_6662.jpg.0822b987401052cd1eea77ab3674566e.jpg

Edited by NL2134

We just got back from our wedding and we got white cake with vanilla buttercream with fresh strawberries. My husband wanted to do white because he felt everyone would like it, other than what we like. I received a TON of compliments on the cake :) Good luck.

We got married last week, and actually we cut the top tier. We had ordered one white and one chocolate and then added the cream cheese filling. What we got was the: Top tier: layered white, cream cheese, chocolate, cream cheese, white Between layers: cream cheese Bottom layer: chocolate, cream cheese, white, cream cheese and chocolate. It was amazing and because there was so much cake we had them box it up and it was served with our dinner that night and their was enough to serve the following night as well. I can't seem to find a picture of it, or I'd show you what I'm talking about, the only picture I can seem to find is the entire cake during the cake cutting.

Has anyone had the red velvet wedding cake? I was wondering how it was.

Friends of ours got married last September on Carnival Magic and had red velvet with cream cheese....it was super tasty!

I am looking at getting the red velvet for our top layer and since my dad isn't fan of red velvet (and paying for the wedding) we opted for marble for the bottom layer!

Thank you all for your replies. Your comments were definitely appreciated.

It took a while, but we finally have our cake flavors set.

Top tier - chocolate cake with fudge ganache

Middle tier - vanilla cake with strawberry mousse filling

Bottom tier - red velvet cake with cream cheese filing.

Who knew that picking the cake flavors and tiers would be so difficult!?!

OMG you guys are KILLING me! I've always dreamed of getting married in a wine red dress carrying white roses and having a red velvet cake with white/cream cheese icing. I never imagined Carnival would actually have red velvet as a wedding cake flavor. Now I just have to find a groom :/

We sat down this week and finalized our cake flavors. We went with the alternating vanilla and chocolate and with vanilla filling. Now to just wait until January. lol

We also finalized our menu since we are doing the luncheon reception. Here is what we decided:

Appetizer: Bouillabaisse Marseilles with Rouille

Pasta Course: Penne Siciliana

Main Course: Filet Mignon Forestiere, Lorrette Potatoes and Spinach Timbale

Dessert (yes you get dessert AND wedding cake): Fresh Fruit Tranche with Kiwi Coulis

We will have them serve house wine with the meal since the cake will be accompanied by champagne. We could have had champagne with the meal as well but decided that not everyone likes champagne so we went with wine.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...