Boarding Time!

saginaw

We are leaving on POA next weekend and I'm still conflicted about what time we should arrive at the port. On one hand I want to beat the crowds but on the other, spending the day enjoying Waikiki is tempting! Would 2:30 be a good time? Or would 1pm be better? Any advice would be appreciated!

We are leaving on POA next weekend and I'm still conflicted about what time we should arrive at the port. On one hand I want to beat the crowds but on the other, spending the day enjoying Waikiki is tempting! Would 2:30 be a good time? Or would 1pm be better? Any advice would be appreciated!

This August will be our first time on the POA and we also are not planning on arriving at the ship until 2:00 at the earliest based on reports we have read about line ups and wait times for earlier arrivals. Lots of flights have late morning arrivals, and people are checking out of hotels at around the same time. Makes sense that lots of people will all arrive at the pier at 12:00 or 1:00.

We plan to spend our am touring Pearl Harbor, have a leisurely lunch and then go over around 2:00. The hotel will hold our luggage until we are ready to depart.

Would love to hear from others what their arrival times and experiences have been.