Southampton to Stansted

Rok4u2

Question #1. Does Cunard have transportation from the docks in Southampton to Stansted?

Questioin #2. If NOT, what is the best way?

I am arriving in Southampton on the QM2 and wish to spend some time in Germany prior to my return to the US. Ryan Air seems to be the best air to Germany and they depart from Stansted.

Question #1. Does Cunard have transportation from the docks in Southampton to Stansted?

I don't think so - my guess is that there's not a great demand for it.

Question #2. If NOT, what is the best way?

By train - changing in London. That's the best way, although changing in London with luggage is never good!

I am arriving in Southampton on the QM2 and wish to spend some time in Germany prior to my return to the US. Ryan Air seems to be the best air to Germany and they depart from Stansted.

Do you have to fly? Depending on where in Germany you're going it would be almost as quick (and much more fun) to go overland - By Chunnel, ferry, train, etc.

To get to Stansted options would be (1) Bus to Heathrow or Gatwick and then bus to Stansted. (2) Bus to Central London and then Bus to Stansted (3) Bus/Train to Central London and then transfer to Liverpool Street for train to Stansted. I would guess at a minimum of 3 to 4 hours transfer time.

Fly BE (http://www.flybe.com) do fly from Southampton to Germany and are probably more reliable than Ryanair.

David

Archived