bar Service

Diamondknight

Hi, just wondered whether you would be able to tell me what the wine list prices are like ? Also, sorry to ask, but what lagers are served, if any ?

Many thanks

we live in USA central new jersey 20 miles from nyc and we found the bar prices quite resonable more than a carry out liquor store but cheaper than most resturants!! if you contact customer service they will fax or e mail the list to you!! we are not beer drinkers so i cant offer any thing on lagers!! however if you have a special request cunard will make every effort to stock your requests as they have done for us!! bon voyage

Hi, just wondered whether you would be able to tell me what the wine list prices are like?

I think their cheapest was about USD 20.00. We got some very nice wines in the USD 26.00 to USD 28.00 range. Remember that there's 15% service charged on top of that. (I wouldn't recommend the house red though - at USD 28.00 it was the worst wine we had:( )

Also, sorry to ask, but what lagers are served, if any?

I'm not a lager drinker so I can't say anymore that confirm that they do sell lager.

but what lagers are served, if any ?

you don't say which ship, but on QE2 last year I was drinking stella in the bars that served draft beers (Golden Lion and Yacht Club I think) and carlsburg from tins in the other bars. I think there were 2 draft lagers, both of the stronger variety - which is a bit of a pain if you want to have one before dinner, half a bottle of wine with dinner and a couple after as was my norm - mean't I couldn't sample any cocktails during the day:D. There seemed to be a long list of canned and bottled beer and I seized on the first I knew and I knew I liked.

Price wise, from memory, the draft was about 3.50-3.75 (USD) and the cans (330ml?) were about the same each - so a 'pint' in the Chartroom was about twice that in the Golden Lion:eek:

(can't remember if this was before or after the addition of the service charge (15%)).

I have heard they only carry the stronger lagers on the ships because they are more stable - same reason they don't carry 'real ale' - don't know how true this is.

Hope this helps

Karen

I have heard they only carry the stronger lagers on the ships because they are more stable - same reason they don't carry 'real ale' - don't know how true this is.

Ah, a subject area I am more than well versed in!

Sounds feasible to me, real ale would never have chance to settle. Also, there is no central cellar for the beer, all of the draft lives under the pump concerned, and real ale would not like that one bit!

Beers on the QM2 in draft were Becks 5%, Stella Artois, Cunard Ale (Boddingtons in disguise) and Bass Ale.

Hope this helps

James

Thank you for your help, It is the QE2 that i was intersted in, Booked for 22 nights in April and i can't wait. Any advice is welcome. My partner also prefers the lower strength lagers like Carling, as i dare say he will feel the ship move a little more with the stronger lagers. Now the coctails are far more my type of thing.

Archived