Cruising Excursions .com

We did Rome with them in 2014, as far as I know they are an English company and use approved taxis coaches for their tours etc

They worked out fine, nice Mercedes mini coach took to to all see all the highlights dropped us back on time etc for what we paid I thought they were good value. Only problem was the drivers English wasn't too good.

For our next visit in 2015 we used

http://www.italyshoredrivers.com for Rome and Florence/Pisa.

In contrast they were absolutely fabulous, emailed back the same day, answered my many questions, arranged skip the line tickets at the collisium and a guide at the Vatican. The drivers mother was Canadian so perfect English plus wifi on the bus.

Forgot to add we formed a group through cruise critic roll call and they have a facility where one person starts a group then other people can join you all leave you credit card details in case of any no shows by the other people and you can cancel if you don't get enough to fill the mini bus.

It was a long day about 7.30 pick up and six drop off but well worth it.

Were using them in August, Mediterranean cruise and got the seven port package, just made financial sense for us, we are aware we could do places like Gibraltar ourselves but this takes the hassle.

We read lots of negative reviews, however I have spoken to the company on a number of occasions about the slightest concern and they keep putting my mind at ease.

• 2 weeks later...

We did a group tour with them in Florence a couple of years ago and thought that it was a very good tour for a reasonable price.

We also saw a group from our ship with them in Pompeii a few days later and it looked as if they were having a good tour.

Basically I found that their group tours were generally a good value, but their private tours were pricey.