Help me decide when to book my cruise

So, I am planning on cruising to Hawaii on NCL POA in Feb. 2017. The final payment date is End of Oct/Nov. 1st. Should I book now or should I wait past the 1st Nov. date. My reasoning being that after the final payment date the cruise ships know for sure who are sailing and they would start discounting to fill up unused cabins. Am I wrong ? Currently, I'm seeing $5,600 for balcony for a family of 4. TIA

I think you cango ahead and book if you are ok with price,however, I monitor the price as many times it wil go down 40-100 per person and depending on what the rules are when you book they will honor. They usually will not gve you a refund, but will give cabin credit. I monitor on several sites which Ihave had luck with them honoring...I would ask before you book. vacations to go allows you to put in specific cruise with amounts which makes it easy to m onitor

You can also shop around to see if the same cruise is cheaper on an other week if you can go anytime. I have bookedairfare for week and watched cruise fares to see what line was cheapest.

I have found that 70-90 days the price dips. Also sometimes before 25 days but if you want a balcony maybe not

• 3 weeks later...

I see balconies at $999 pp at a discount California cruise agency. look around or Google CA discount cruise agencies. Prices should come down just before final payment date.

Edited by zoncom

I see balconies at $999 pp at a discount California cruise agency. look around or Google CA discount cruise agencies. Prices should come down just before final payment date.

Thanks for the heads up. I googled but only found the major cruise agencies. Any more hints on this CA cruise agency ?