Royal Babies and Tots® Nursery

We are taking my 15 month old daughter on her first cruise in June on the Grandeur of the Seas. Does anyone have any recent experience with Royal Babies and Tots® Nursery? I haven't been able to find anything current.

:):):)

thanks!!!

They had Morning and night sessions available. They are first come first serve and can book up quickly. We never had a problem but we ended up booking all of them the first night that we got there. They also have parent participation classes and other fun things during the week to keep them interested like music and dance etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The caretakers are really great. Definately book what you need as soon as you know. If you try to book last minute you will probably be closed out. They only take a limited amount of children at one time. They changed diapers, fed the children and put them down to sleep either in cribs or in your stroller at night so when you go pick up there is minimal disruption. They give you a deck phone so in case there is a problem they can easily reach you.

The grandeur has one of the smallest nurseries in the fleet and extremely

Limited hours. Our 6 year old has been on 8 cruises and our 2 year old on 3 cruises. Our 6 year old hit Diamond of his own points by the time he was 5. They have grown up on the Nursery and now our older one in Adventure Ocean.

We have loved the nursery on all the other ships but the Grandeur. The hours are super limited. Only from 9:00-12:00 in the AM and 5:00pm-midnight. So there is a huge gap in the day withour nursery hours. With only four slots, it fills up fast and the space is the size of about two cabins at best. The staff was the rudest we have ever experienced. We have always loved the nursery staff, but Carmen was miserable. She was extremely rude. We were on in Feb 17 so she may still be there when you go on. Our daughter was handed back to us with a poopy diaper and we noticed right after we walked out the door of the nursery. We walked back in asking if we could change her, they said no due to safety reasons we could not enter the area. So we asked if they could change her (given they handed her back to us with a poopy diaper and we did not want to trek all the way to the cabin to change her as there are no changing tables in the public restrooms) and they denied that as well and forced is to walk all the way to our cabins. This was just one instance but Carmen was awful.

Most other ships allow 20 hours booked on day 1, and then after a day or two open it up completely, but the Grandeur is limited to 10 hours. With only 4 spaces it gets filled very fast. With only 40 available hours of nursery time a day, on a 7 day cruise that is only 280 hours of nursery time split amongst every baby on the ship. During non peak season not an issue, but during the summer when there can. Easily be 50-100 kids under 3; it can be nearly impossible to get more time then your initial 10 hours.

We have always loved the nursery, and have used it on the Brilliance, explorer, mariner, anthem, liberty, freedom, and grandeur. The worst by far is the grandeur. We decided not to go on the Grandeur again till our youngest was over 3 for this reason.

Edited by rimmit

I noticed you asked about the Brilliance. That was great. They had 6 slots available if I remember and the hours were nearly continous the whole day, with maybe a short break in the afternoon. The staff was wonderful. I loved the Brilliance nursery.

thankyou everyone, i am not so interested in the babysitting in the nursery, i am more interested in the toys for my daughter, i dont want to have to travel with a whole suitcase of toys, i will take a few of her favorites though!

I will still look into the nursery hours when we get onto the ship....

The toy exchange program is great. They used to be partnered with fisher price but I believe it was early 2016 dropped fisher price and now use random brands of toys. There are normally 8 bags of toys or so to choose from each with a different theme, such as music, food, etc. It is very handy to not have to drag toys onto the ship. Enjoy your trip. We love bringing our littles with us. They love cruising.

We were on the Indy 2 weeks ago and when I asked about the toy bags to borrow the worker laughed in my face and said they didn't do that. Yikes. So I'm unsure if I just caught her on a bad day or if it's ship dependent? The nursery on the Indy was tiny. SO.SMALL! And I can't say the worker I dealt with was super nice. She was almost hateful. We did the Anthem in Sept. and those workers were awesome. I think it just depends on who is there during your cruise. Also, the Anthem had a huge 2 story play room which was amazing, so I think some ships are more "kid friendly" than others.

The toy exchange program is great. They used to be partnered with fisher price but I believe it was early 2016 dropped fisher price and now use random brands of toys. There are normally 8 bags of toys or so to choose from each with a different theme, such as music, food, etc. It is very handy to not have to drag toys onto the ship. Enjoy your trip. We love bringing our littles with us. They love cruising.

Thank you for your help! I am hoping if we get on the ship early enough, we will head right to the Nursery to get info and toys!