October or November in Bermuda?

JustinPlusLauren

Hi all!

Not really a cruising question as it won't be on a cruise but a land vacation - thought it would be okay to ask here anyway! We have the opportunity to go to Bermuda soon and have to choose a time to go between the middle of October to the end of November. When would be ideal? Right now I'm thinking the last week of October or the 1st week of November..... thoughts? Is the water still warm enough to swim on the 1st or 2nd week of November? Thanks!

Take your pick.;):)

October 2013

Avg. Air Temperature - 79F / 26C

Avg. Water Temperature - 79F / 26C

Amount of Rain - 6.21 inches

November Weather Conditions

Avg. Air Temperature - 74F / 23C

Avg. Water Temperature - 72F / 22C

Avg. Amount of Rain - 3.68 inches

I would choose October because there is still tourist activity going on at that time. In November it will be much quieter with far less tourist activity.

Regarding the water and beaches I'll visit a beach in October over November however as a visitor the water temp in November may seem pretty good too.

The weather will deff be cooler as the weeks go by and the days have already started to get shorter too - Getting dark around 8pm now but soon it will be dark around 5:30pm once day light saving time hits.

Regardless of what month you choose I hope you enjoy it here.

Thank you so much! I guess my main concern was that I heard it rains a lot more in October than it does in November? Is it significantly more that I should book the trip in November instead? I think October would be better for the weather except if it rains a lot!

All our cruises have been in Oct. and I'm talking double digits. I can count on one hand the number of times it rained and it never impacted anything we wanted to do. It never rained more than a short time. Once, a tornado touched down......and people are always worried about hurricanes.:D We were on our way to St. George's on the bus and by the time we got there, the sun was shining like nothing happened.

You never know what the weather will actually bring but I would always choose Oct. over Nov. With Nov. you are into the very last of the Bermuda season and there's a reason for that, air and water temps are dropping.