Visiting calanques from Toulon port

CJandAUDadventures

Hello,

Will be coming into the Toulon port on Sunday, July 6, 2014 from 9am-5pm... REALLY interested in kayaking the calanques but I wasn't sure if it is feasible with the time frame (We plan to take the train into Cassis - please keep in mind, this is our first trip to Europe so we might take a little longer figuring out the train process).

Has anyone kayaked the calanques who can give me a good insight on how to plan my timetable for the day?

A lot of the boat rides I found do not allow swimming from the boat & that is something that my husband and I are interested in doing. Would we be better off (time-wise) to just take the boat tour?

Not sure if this makes a difference but will there be any issues with closed businesses on a Sunday?

Thank you for your insight!!

Sent from the adventures of CJ&AUDREY

Hello,

Will be coming into the Toulon port on Sunday, July 6, 2014 from 9am-5pm... REALLY interested in kayaking the calanques but I wasn't sure if it is feasible with the time frame (We plan to take the train into Cassis - please keep in mind, this is our first trip to Europe so we might take a little longer figuring out the train process).

Has anyone kayaked the calanques who can give me a good insight on how to plan my timetable for the day?

A lot of the boat rides I found do not allow swimming from the boat & that is something that my husband and I are interested in doing. Would we be better off (time-wise) to just take the boat tour?

Not sure if this makes a difference but will there be any issues with closed businesses on a Sunday?

Thank you for your insight!!

We will be in Toulon next Sunday so will be able to give you info about business closures when we return. I know that the market is open on a Sunday so, hopefully, some other places will be too and trips will operate.

We went to Cassis last time we berthed in Toulon and found it absolutely enchanting but am afraid I know nothing about the Calanques.

Edited by campolady

• 1 month later...
We will be in Toulon next Sunday so will be able to give you info about business closures when we return. I know that the market is open on a Sunday so, hopefully, some other places will be too and trips will operate.

We went to Cassis last time we berthed in Toulon and found it absolutely enchanting but am afraid I know nothing about the Calanques.

Hello! Was wondering how your trip went? Did you have any issues with sites being closed?

Hi,

There is 3 possibility for a guided tour: 3hrs, 4 hrs or 7 hours....

But, in general, it begin at 9am or 1pm.

It's around 30-40e/p

So, your only possibility is to rent one on you own.

4hrs one each one, 60e, everything included

4hrs a big one for both, 45e, everything included too.

It's always open everyday in summer, in general, 9am-6pm. :)