Turners Beach Vs ValleyChurch

wingnut2005

Couple questions on these two beaches

Valley Church looks beautiful but every you tube video we have seen the water looks cloudy not crystal clear beach looks incredible facilities seem adequate for food & drink & chair rentals anyone who has been there recently comment on water clarity please.

Turners Beach although not as big as Valley Church beach looks nice but water clarity in all videos we have seen looks spectacular & the beach bar would serve our purpose for food & drink & chair rentals again anyone who has been here recently would love some feed back

Now its my understanding that the bus #22 goes to both these beaches if we decide to take bus there & taxi back would there be taxis at both beaches to get ride back to port

any input would really be appreciated and if anyone has a special taxi driver they have used & trusted would like to get contact info again thank you.

I was at Turners Beach in January, and it's every bit as spectacular as I remembered. Crystal clear gorgeous coastline, bar had great food and drinks. Got a foot massage food only $15. It was a great day.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Can only comment on Valley Church, as we were there 3 weeks ago. Took #22 bus from bus station - easy to find, locals friendly and helpful. U.S. $1.50 each. Bus leaves when full(ish), we waited about 5 minutes. 20 minutes drive to Valley Church beach which is about 3 minutes past Jolly Beach. Tell driver where you're going- he'll stop when you get there. Water was crystal clear, beach beautiful white sand, umbrella and 2 chairs $20, nice looking restaurant/bar on site, but we did not try. Rest room OK, but outdoor shower had no water for washing off - only negative.

Took bus back to town, waited by roadside for 10 minutes. Bus easy to spot - minivan with BUS### license plate. Taxis have TAX### plates. Hope this helps - oh, BTW, loved the beach and water.

Irishayes - Thank you do you recall what taxi cost was & chair & umbrella rental

Joric44 - Thank you for the detailed report glad water was crystal clear for your visit really hard to choose between these two beaches really like the look of Valley Church thinking of checking it out first and if not pleased getting on another bus and going to Turners do you know how often buses come by and for return trip back to port is there a specific place to wait for bus or just stand on side of road and wave it down

Also is it a long walk from bus to beach

Irishayes - Thank you do you recall what taxi cost was & chair & umbrella rental

Joric44 - Thank you for the detailed report glad water was crystal clear for your visit really hard to choose between these two beaches really like the look of Valley Church thinking of checking it out first and if not pleased getting on another bus and going to Turners do you know how often buses come by and for return trip back to port is there a specific place to wait for bus or just stand on side of road and wave it down

Also is it a long walk from bus to beach

Joric44 here. This reply format looks different from previous ones, but here goes anyway.

From main road to beach is between 50 and 100 yards down a driving road (unpaved). Easy walk for someone without walking impediment.

Can't give you frequency of bus, but I recall that at bus terminal there were about 2 or 3 lined up when we were going to beach and as noted in previous post, on the return trip, we waited no more than 10 minutes by the side of the road (under a shade tree. BTW remember they drive on the left, so you don't want to catch the bus going away from town). Didn't even have to flag down the bus, as he pulled up when he saw us. Of course, I double-checked with driver that he was heading into town. Enjoyed the ride, chatted with some school kids who were really nice and courteous - half the fun of travelling. Hope this helps.

Irishayes - perfect thanks for the information

joric-44- thanks again for the detailed answer you guys are making it tough to decide lol its going to be one or the other maybe even both who knows figure that out when we get there

joric44 your right about small world (or province) your just up the 401 from us & congratulations on your sons attending Western a fine school hope they graduated & found jobs in the respective fields.

Again thanks to you both for answering our questions this is why we like cruise critic so much

• 2 weeks later...
I think the taxi charge was $8 per person? Can't really recall that. Chair and umbrella charge was $5 per person

I can confirm this information was accurate when we visited last March. We enjoyed Valley Church beach so much we'll likely go there again next month!

• 2 weeks later...

We went to Valley Church last week. There had been a storm the day before we were there. There was seaweed in the water. It looked like grass clippings. The water was beautiful but cloudy. Also the sand was crushed shells and hard on the feet getting in and out of the water 22ce19480b4eef61ac2c343ebb3873ec.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums