Kayak + Blowhole in Ensenada

Need-a-vacation

Has anyone tried the kayak and blowhole tour in Ensenada? We were looking at the one offered by Carnival as well as what's offered by shore vendors.

What I can't get a good sense on is just how good a shape do you need to be in to do this? It's described as extremely active, but that's very subjective.

Also, how hard is it to stay upright in these kayaks? Is it better solo or in pairs?

Someone on the Carnival Funville website reviewed it Here is the link: http://www.carnival.com/Funville/forums/t/312023.aspx. He liked it.

Below is his review:

"I just got back from my first cruise which happened to be to Ensenada. We booked the kayaking excursion at La Bufadora and didn't know what to expect.

I am 46 and out of shape, so let's start with that. While it is physical and a bit challenging, it was worth every penny for every second. Just wonderful. The guides that took us all out into the ocean are very attentive and they didn't let anyone stray off too far. At one point, my girlfriend and I were getting too close to some rocks and one of the guides quickly paddled over to assist us.

I had bought a waterproof pouch I found on Amazon for my SG3 and it claims to be waterproof to 100ft. It came with a lanyard and I was able to get some really nice photos. My girlfriend bought a waterproof disposable 35mm and we can't wait to get those developed. One of the guides even took pics for us as we paddled right up to the blowhole.

All I can say is it was exhilarating, exciting, fun and just a beautiful sight to see from that angle on the water.

This excursion was booked through Carnival and I thought it was a bit pricey, but after the day, I felt it was worth it. We even stopped for tacos and I highly recommend trying the churros as well."

"They used 2man kayaks and they will pair up singles. My 13yr old son was paired up with another young teen from another family and the boys did amazingly well. As far as time goes, you'll walk off the ship by 9 and there will be a meeting area for everyone with various excursions. The kayakers will fill waivers and load on to a bus. The bus ride is about 45minutes and a tour guide will answer questions as well as talk about Ensenada and it's history etc.

Once there they give us a little time to use the restroom, take pics, change into wetsuits(they are available but none in our group wore them), put on life vests. We were then given a class on kayaking and safety and then by 11ish, we were on the beach and launching. I think we were on the water about 2 1/2 hrs if I remember right. We had about 15-20minutes after kayaking to get some authentic tacos and we were back at the ship around 3pm."

Thanks for the info! I'm certainly not ironman material, but I do exercise 6 days a week. I looked at some of the pictures and it seemed to be average folks, even middle aged women like me. So it sounds like it would be reasonable for me to try. We will check into it more.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk