Walking to Bridgetown from cruise ship pier

fishman620

That sounds about right, maybe a little less than a mile. If no one in your group has mobility issues, it should be a snap. I think the easiest would be to head south along Princess Alice Hwy towards the marina. From the cruise terminal, head towards the roundabout just outside the south port gates. If you're heading south along P.A. Hwy, the ocean will be on your right.

Cheers, P:)

• 4 weeks later...

Just a reference - we walked with a pedometer from ship to Pelican Caft Centr and it is .45 mile or 10-15 min walk. I feel that is about halfway or a bit less. We tried walking from downtown once, got a few blocks and heat & humidity wear too much. But then again it was June!

If do take a taxi make sure get fare rate up front in $US.

• 5 months later...
There is a boardwalk which will take you right into the heart of Bridgetown.

I think it is probably about 1/2 mile maybe 3/4 of a mile tops. Like another poster said as long as no one in your group has mobility issues it should be easy sailing.:p

I am going on the Callabza Boat Tour in the morning. Any fun bars in Bridgetown for music , drinks and people watching?

I am going on the Callabza Boat Tour in the morning. Any fun bars in Bridgetown for music , drinks and people watching?

You can probably try the Waterfront Cafe next to the careenage in Bridgetown. You will not find anything along the lines of a Senor Frogs or Fat Tuesdays in Barbados but you will get some good views from the cafe.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

I agree with Keith. Just tell Gina or the guys to tell your driver let you out at the Bridge to the Waterfront Cafe. They are open from 10 - 6 from Monday to Saturday. Sundays closed. On sundays most bars are closed. The Waterfront has just reopened. It is not just a bar anymore. But the views from the outside tables are fantastic.