Shore days

emmasmomma11

My husband and I our taking our 2 year daughter with us to the Eastern Caribbean cruise on the Victory on February 17th. We are planning on taking her with us during port days but we are in Nassau from 8 to 5:30. Has any one ever took their child back to ship and left them in camp carnival and then went back to the port? My daughter will be done after walking around and playing on the beach by lunch. We were planning on going to have lunch together and then take her to camp carnival so she can have some quite down time and go hang out on the beach for an hour or so. Just wondering if any parents/grandparents have ever done this before. Thanks!

No mean comments about my parenting choice please

My husband and I our taking our 2 year daughter with us to the Eastern Caribbean cruise on the Victory on February 17th. We are planning on taking her with us during port days but we are in Nassau from 8 to 5:30. Has any one ever took their child back to ship and left them in camp carnival and then went back to the port? My daughter will be done after walking around and playing on the beach by lunch. We were planning on going to have lunch together and then take her to camp carnival so she can have some quite down time and go hang out on the beach for an hour or so. Just wondering if any parents/grandparents have ever done this before. Thanks!

No mean comments about my parenting choice please

There is no beach that is that close to the ship so wondering if this is feasible

Camp is not always open durring normal hours when at port. They do have hours for people that are going on excursions and want to leave the little ones behind. you could possibly check out what those times are and then plan your day around those. Maybe leave her in the morning, you go explore things close to the ship...then pick her up, grab some quick lunch and head to the beach for a couple hours in the afternoon..?

Having not yet cruised, I can't actually answer your questions. However, I wanted to let you know that I think you are incredibly smart to try to make things work out so your child can have some sense of normalcy (can there be normalcy on a cruise? :D ). My son is a bit older (he'll be a month shy of 7 on our first cruise), but if he were still at the napping age, I would be asking the exact same questions!