Musica Cruise

ScottishKiwi

I am about to join the MSC Musica for a 25 night cruise in April next year and was wondering if anyone can give me an idea of drinks on board, this includes water, tea and coffee. Do they supply tap water at dinner or do you have to purchase. I see there is a sushi bar, also do you have to pay for this or is part of the restaurants. I have read some of the reviews, but am a bit confused. Any help would be great - look forward to hearing from you.:)

Free tea and coffee are available in the buffet area only. 'Juice' (more like squash) is available in the buffet at breakfast only. Water in the MDR is chargeable.

There are various drinks packages available ranging from all inclusive to vouchers.

I am about to join the MSC Musica for a 25 night cruise in April next year and was wondering if anyone can give me an idea of drinks on board, this includes water, tea and coffee. Do they supply tap water at dinner or do you have to purchase. I see there is a sushi bar, also do you have to pay for this or is part of the restaurants. I have read some of the reviews, but am a bit confused. Any help would be great - look forward to hearing from you.:)

Depends on where she is sailing whether water I served automatically in the MDR. Where about is your cruise?

Tea and coffee is not usually served at diviner. Italians prefer to go to a bar for coffees after dinner. Again it depends on where you're cruising.

The sushi bar is a speciality restaurant as is the a la carte and they cost extra.

We are travelling from La Romana to Venice - thanks for your information, maybe we should get a drink package. We are going with an open mind in regard to the ship, as upon reading some of the feedbacks they don't sound good - but then some people just like to moan about anything - I am sure it will be fantastic and we are travelling with three other couples.

Enjoy your next cruise

See you are from Edinburgh, we are travelling there after we finish this cruise, love Scotland so much history and exciting stuff to do, my husband is from Arbraoth

Ah, small world...where the smokies come from! Seems to be a lot of Kiwis have a Scottish connection.

I personally love the Musica. Think she has the right balance between not being too small nor too big. She has a few extras over the smaller, older Lirica class. She doesn't have all the bells and whistles of the bigger Fantasia class but neither does she swamp port with thousands and thousands of passengers. Do try the a la carte restaurant. It is fantastic. Used to be €25 for 3 courses, not sure what the price will be next year. It is a haven of peace, tranquility and elegance compared to the large bustling MDR. Food and presentation is substantially better than MDR too. Last time I was there, they gVe me a seat outside on the balcony at the stern of the ship. Was a bit worried it would be nlowy but it was sheltered and lovely to hear the ocean as I dined.