Glascow excursions

Here are some companies used often by CC posters. See what they offer and maybe you will find something. Most of them will customize tours, also, so you can ask them for suggestions as to what would be good for the time you want to spend.

www.rpasmith.co.uk/greenock.htm

http://www.maxwellsheartland.co.uk

www.journeyscotland.com

www.doodlebus.com

www.mini-tours.com/cruise_tours/index.htm

www.claymore.btinternet.co.uk

www.glasgowtaxis.co.uk/services_cruises.php

http://www.greatscot-tours.com

http://inverclydetouristgroup.co.uk/tours (tours provided by local tourist group)

Thank you so very much for the information. You are most kind to respond to my query even though I did spell Glasgow incorrectly. That was my first ever post and was quite nervous about it. You show good breeding and a lot of class by not calling the error to my attention. Thanks again!

Glasgow is a wonderful city, many museums, tea shops, shopping arcades, and very walkable. With a decent map, you shouldn't need to pay for an excursion. We took a bus trip to Loch Lomond and it was an enormous let down, not much to see after all that riding. Don't know how far Sterling is via train/bus but is very worth seeing, a great site. Enjoy your time in Glasgow, you will love it!

Thanks to all of you for the information. Once my husband read the information about the Falkirk Wheel it was immediately decided what we would do! We will also visit Stirling and Stirling Castle. Again, thank you for all your suggestions.

Stirling Castle is a great choice - it has a better feel to it than Edinburgh and alot quieter. The views from the castle are AMAZING.

If you want to get to Glasgow the trains run really frequently from Greenock and it will only take about 25-30 mins to get into the city centre.

I've spent several days here, with more this year. For a day visitor, their Hop On, Hop Off, bus makes good use of time and is very informative with commentary. It is a very walkable city as well.

Archived