Best time to book RCCL cruise

Hi all

I'm very new to this. Cruised in October on the Disney Dream and am now hooked!

We are a party of 5 (2 adults/3children) and are looking to do a RCCL caribbean cruise October 2015 when we are in the states again.

Obviously I know the earlier you book the better the price and as we need a family room I know there are only a few of these per ship they may sell out fast.

When is the best time to book to get the best deal for maybe on board credit or kids sail free?

Many thanks

Hello,

I usually book pretty late (generally within 45 days of sailing) and I always get good deals. However, I am never looking for a specific cabin -- I just take whatever I can get. In your case, since you are looking for a specific class of cabins, I would check several online travel websites on a daily basis to see what they are offering. Once you find something you are happy with, you should book it. I just a booked a cruise last week that is in a little over a month. I got a really good deal on the cabin, plus I also got some on board spending. But, like I said, I would have taken whatever cabin was available so I don't worry about booking last minute.

October would be a good month as most American kids are in school. Your big cost is the airfare. Book the cruise now and try to save your money on the cost of the round trip flights.

I'm also a family of 5. Just booked my first cruise with RCCL. I got then kids sail free promo last month. Booked for December. Only certain RCCL boats have more affordable rooms to fit 5-6. They are called family inside or family oceanview and they are about 300 Sq ft but don't cost much more. Our cruise for 5 jn a family oceanview on freedom of seas was $2650. The twin bunks are jn a "room" to themselves. You can book now and wait for the promo which they seem to have each year and use price protection then. My friend did than for his RCCL cruising in June. Not many pf these rooms so book early to hold them. Can always cancel later I guess I'm plans change.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk