Jewel of the Seas, pickup time for the shuttle from Civitavecchia to FCO airport

BRhesusPlus

Hi!

I will return at 5:00 on Saturday morning at Civitavecchia with the Jewel of the Seas.

When I now book the return shuttle to the airport they ask when to pick me up and they allow 15 min delay.

Any of you know if the ship use to arrive at 5am +/- time?

How long will it take me to walk to the shuttle pickup place after she ship has arrived?

Thanks!

Congratulations Host Clarea on your new position.

To the OP

I provided an answer to your question on the RCI forum, If you miss it there, here is a copy what I posted there.

Hi,

welcome to the cruise critic.

Few months ago I had the same or similar questions and some posters provided the answers ...... so now I will try to answer your questions based on my experience.

We also were on the Jewel and sailed from Civitavecchia on July 9 and back to the same port 7 days later.

I do not know what time the ship got back to the port but when we woke up about 5:30 am the Jewel was in port by the terminal. No passengers /guests were being allowed to leave the ship. Just because the ship gets to the terminal at 5 am or sooner that does not mean that any guest will be able to leave the ship at that time.

The first guests that I saw leaving the ship with their luggage were doing that at about 6:45am and soon after the regular process of disembarkation got started. All guests got 'tags' with different numbers ( depending when they needed to leave the ship) and the low numbers started leaving the ship.

There were no customs or immigration officials ( they are only there if Jewel is on TA sail and Civitavecchia is their first port of disembarkation in Europe).

There were many drivers waiting for their passengers right by the ship. Not all of the shuttles are allowed to be by the ship .... they must have proper documentation and permission.

Some people were using the bus shuttle from the ship to the port entrance to meet their shuttles, taxis , buses or whatever .

We had 8 people and made reservation with a private shuttle - the driver was waiting for us at 8am right at the point where we disembark the Jewel.. The company that we booked does not have the requirement of 15 minutes waiting time. It takes about 1 hour ( depending on traffic) to get back to FCO.

Recommendation by our airline was to be at FCO 3 hours before flight for check in.

No way that I can see, that one can make a 8:55 am flight.