Travelling to London Sept/Oct 2015? Idea for a great day out

Cshgrand

I just wanted to feed back details of a great day out we have just enjoyed on the Paddle Steamer Waverley sailing down the Thames. She sails a limited number of trips in September/October each year and it was just a fantastic experience. If you have a short time in London this might be a great alternative to a HoHo bus. The commentary was interesting and very informative.

We took a short trip down as far as Gravesend but if you have time to spare and its fits your itinerary I would recommend a longer route to Margate, Whitstable or Southend. All are easy return trips to London by train.

The Waverley also sails from other locations around the UK so worth looking on their website for more info. Excuse the iPhone pics but gives you an impression. Seeing Tower Bridge open was great. daa013a64d6d712d22b2ff43fd1e746c.jpg0c9b800925906d03ad16cf887c364765.jpg3eb5add0468fc0008eb0fecb74d86688.jpgcaa2060aa29ac7c18dc77dcce8d84c62.jpg

Edited by Cshgrand
Spelling

I just wanted to feed back details of a great day out we have just enjoyed on the Paddle Steamer Waverley sailing down the Thames.
Thanks for posting about this. She is such a gorgeous ship! When I lived on the river, I always looked forward to seeing her at this time of the year.