Breakaway--walk off time and entertainment

parasailor

We are sailing 8/30 and will appreciate advice about:

1. We will walk off when we return--what time and location should we arrange for pickup?

2. None of the recent cruise reviews mention main show room productions other than Burn th eFloor and Rock of Ages (with Second City, etc in the smaller rooms). Do they no longer have singers, comedians and magicians in the main room?

Thanks!

BA is usually docked by 6.30 so normally by 7.30 you can be off if your carrying your luggage. Best place to be picked up is corner of 48th st and 12th Ave or a little further up 48th. Walk strait out of the terminal and cross 12th ave. They stopped letting you get picked up terminal side a while ago.

Edited by Ontime Departure

Do the walk-off disembarkation. If the ship docks on time you'll be able to walk off between 0730 & 0800. Keep in mind that this time is an estimate based on my past experiences disembarking in NYC on the BA, Gem and Dawn. We've gotten off as early as 0730 and as late as 1030 so please keep this in mind. They'll start making announcements around 0700 if everything is on time.

As the previous poster stated have your ride pick you up on the eastward side of 12 Avenue. Just walk off the ship, cross the street and there's a taxi stand right there.

Hope you have a great cruise.

Tom

BA is usually docked by 6.30 so normally by 7.30 you can be off if your carrying your luggage. Best place to be picked up is corner of 48th st and 12th Ave or a little further up 48th. Walk strait out of the terminal and cross 12th ave. They stopped letting you get picked up terminal side a while ago.

just curious when they stopped terminal side; we took the breakway last june 2014 and on departure and upon arrival home our driver dropped us off and picked us up terminal side? we live on long island and it was a private car service but he picked us up there;

When we came back last year May 2014 they would not let our car service pick us up terminal side. From what I got from one of the baggage handlers it seems to be hit or miss when arriving back in NY. Sometimes they let you pick up terminal side but mostly they don't. Last Sunday when I picked up my DD and SIL I didn't even try, just had them meet me 48th and 12th.

Glenn