I want abs!

cruisecrunch

I promised myself in January '14 that I'd have abs by the summer, and I've failed miserably. :( 9 months until we go on our first cruise together, and I want to be looking good, and feeling good about taking my top off!

Start on a 4 month weight loss shake plan (that shall remain nameless, I'm not sure if we're allowed to name on here) next week, have a dreaded detox to contend with in the meantime.

This is all going to be worth it through, right! :D

Eat real healthy foods. Chicken breast, lean meats, breast, fish, eggs, oatmeal, brown rice, sweet potatoes. Bake all your foods, use onions, garlic, and black pepper instead of salt. Drink lots of water, do cardio, and train with weights!

Edited by CARNIVALCRUISE3

Don't focus on abs, just focus on a healthy weight loss regiment. I don't know what your body type is, but in general, the abs area is the last place that you will lose after all the rest of the excess body fat is gone.

If you are serious about getting those abs, email me. I am a fitness coach, and I have a couple programs that focus on abs, and also ones that are more inclusive that include ab work. A shake alone will not give you those desired abs, but the proper shake (along with eating cleaner) will help to fuel your body to achieve quicker results.

Eat real healthy foods. Chicken breast, lean meats, breast, fish, eggs, oatmeal, brown rice, sweet potatoes. Bake all your foods, use onions, garlic, and black pepper instead of salt. Drink lots of water, do cardio, and train with weights!

Great answer! You can also eat all natural peanut butter and whole wheat waffles and don't forget about protein shakes. Eating healthy is half the battle.

Now when you work out, focus on your major muscles (pec, biceps, quads, etc). It takes a lot of energy to build muscles, which in turn will burn fat! I suggest getting the abs diet book. I've never had abs until I start doing that diet, err lifestyle.

A lot of people mistakenly waste time and money on ab programs, when the reality is that no matter how developed your ab muscles become, if they are covered by a layer of fat, you will never see them.

I suggest that you figure out your TDEE and make sure to ingest 10-20% fewer calories. While you do that, engage in resistance training (weight training).

You will be wasting your effort if you spend your time in the gym doing hundreds of ab exercises, and excluding compound movements like the squat, deadlift, bench press, overhead press, lat pull down. Even if you are afraid of free weights, there are machines that can target these same muscle groups.

• 3 weeks later...

Abs are made in the kitchen, you can't spot reduce any part of your body, figure out what your maintenance calories to maintain your current weight the figure your calories at a deficit to loose 5 lbs, about a pound a week. Don't try to loose more than that at a time, because it will be hard and you will end up quitting. when you loose the first five re-figure your caloric count to loose another five. Eat lean beef, chicken and turkey, stay way from pork, limit fruit, all processed foods, this means bread, pasta, sugar...if it comes in a box don't eat it. Shop outside aisles of store Vegs/fruit/nuts/meats and limited dairy. You have to get low body fat for abs to show. Do this and a regular workout program that includes weight lifting and you may be able to see your abs...genetics does play a part. I've been working at it for several years and can still only see them if I flex. There is no guarantee if do all this that you will be able to see yours, as I said genetics does play a role. Good luck, the benefits of a healthy lifestyle far out way abs. Shakes and crash diets are not doable for a lifetime..