Ground Transport to Galveston?

ThreePutt316

Hello,

Going on honeymoon cruise on Voyager of the Seas Jan 4th. My first cruise. My fiance has cruised many times.

We fly into Houston on the 3rd and would like to spend Sat. night in Galveston before embarking Sunday.

Does anyone have a recomendation for transportation from Houston to Galveston? Cost?

Thanks for the help. All the info on this site is great!

Welcome to cruise critic and enjoy your cruise! You may have better luck if you post this question on the gulf cost departure thread. Lots of experienced and locals that can answer your question there. Transportation is dependant on the airport you fly into. Hobby is only about an hour away and the other one (can't remember if they renamed it from intercontinental) is about an hour and a half drive. Renting a car may be an option especially if you fly into Hobby and don't have to worry about Houston traffic.

Hope this helps!

Fly into Hobby, not Bush, if you can. It's a lot closer to Galveston.

Not sure where in Massachusetts you are, but Southwest has a lot of flights from Providence RI, Manchester NH, and Hartford/Springfield into Hobby.

Check out Galveston Limo for ground transportation. The website galveston.com has good prices for hotels and transportation.

I stayed at the Harbor House before my cruise out of Galveston; not sure if they've reopened yet post-Ike, though. It's a little on the higher side pricewise, but is within walking distance of the Strand and the cruise terminal. I actually walked from the hotel to the cruise terminal, pulling my wheeled suitcase behind me! And I had a room facing west and saw the ship pull in on the morning of the cruise.

DSCF5778.jpg.8e5c3be10b2a0bae42d2c83ed6e262a6.jpg

DSCF5840.jpg.54d4c9b7ad146937f48e90ce446e5265.jpg

Fly into Hobby, not Bush, if you can. It's a lot closer to Galveston.

Not sure where in Massachusetts you are, but Southwest has a lot of flights from Providence RI, Manchester NH, and Hartford/Springfield into Hobby.

Check out Galveston Limo for ground transportation. The website galveston.com has good prices for hotels and transportation.

I stayed at the Harbor House before my cruise out of Galveston; not sure if they've reopened yet post-Ike, though. It's a little on the higher side pricewise, but is within walking distance of the Strand and the cruise terminal. I actually walked from the hotel to the cruise terminal, pulling my wheeled suitcase behind me! And I had a room facing west and saw the ship pull in on the morning of the cruise.

Thanks for the info. I already have the flight out of Boston to Hobby on American. We get into Hobby at 1 pm Saturday. And already have the hotel for the night. We just need to find our way to Galveston. We looked into car rental but didn't seem like an option since it would be a oneway rental.

Hello,

Going on honeymoon cruise on Voyager of the Seas Jan 4th. My first cruise. My fiance has cruised many times.

We fly into Houston on the 3rd and would like to spend Sat. night in Galveston before embarking Sunday.

Does anyone have a recomendation for transportation from Houston to Galveston? Cost?

Thanks for the help. All the info on this site is great!

ThreePutt316: My wife, son and I are on the same cruise, flying in Saturday also. Do you think we could figure out a way to share a rental car, even if we had to keep it a week? Interested?

Howdy, Y'all!

Per the Guidelines, another host moved this thread to this forum. It was off-topic on the previous forum.

Read the Sticky thread titled What is a ROLL CALL and how do I find mine? at http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=44773. The thread will tell you about the Cruise Critic Roll Call Forums and how they are the place for you to get to know the other Cruise Critic members sailing with you before the cruise. Also, your fellow Roll Call members may have the type of information you need posted in your Roll Call thread. In fact, your Roll Call thread is the ONLY place on Cruise Critic where members can post about sharing tours, excursions, transportation etc.

Per the Guidelines we all agreed to follow when we registered for our free membership:

Miscellaneous

Basically, an ad is an ad. So, please no posting of "looking for roommate" type posts, tour shares (except in ROLL CALL threads), giveaways, ebay links, etc. etc.

To help you find your Roll Call thread faster, click here http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=665970 for your Roll Call thread titled Voyager - January 4, 2009.

For information concerning the Meet & Mingle Party hosted by RCI during your cruise for you and the other Cruise Critic members sailing with you, check out the following links:

- Meet & Mingle Info and RCCL Meet & Mingle FAQ

- Register to attend a Meet & Mingle Party

- Confirmed Meet & Mingle Party List

This will be a time and place on the ship with refreshments to meet everyone face to face after getting to know one another on your Roll Call thread.

I hope this information will be helpful! And please remember, your Roll Call thread is the ONLY place on Cruise Critic you can discuss sharing tours, excursions, transportation etc.

Kat 110105_emYA10_prv.gif

'Tis the season to be jolly...

ThreePutt and Austinz, if you are cruising on the Voyager 1/4/09 we would love for you to join our roll call. Just click on the link in my signature to find the Roll Call for that cruise and to see if anyone else wants to ride share. Looking forward to seeing you on the roll call.

BTW, the idea of sharing a car rental for a week might be a good one.

Patti

Archived