need a beach

mrdrdoso

we will be in OSJ in january and would like to find a beach close to the cruise terminal. I have been there twice and don't know the beaches and I don't want to travel too far. Would love suggestions, :)

I have not been to Isla Verde but from what I hear, that is probably your best bet. Here is a video of Condado in Jan 2013, pretty rough, but if you want to body surf, this would be good.

I have not been to Isla Verde but from what I hear, that is probably your best bet. Here is a video of Condado in Jan 2013, pretty rough, but if you want to body surf, this would be good.

thanks it looks rough and cold, hmmm what to do? i need adventure but am recouping from ruptured achilles so walking is out. any suggestions?

thanks it looks rough and cold, hmmm what to do? i need adventure but am recouping from ruptured achilles so walking is out. any suggestions?

Tough when walking is out. We have spent a lot of time in OSJ, but also spend a lot of that walking around. It's not a hard walk, but lots of it. I think I might (for the first time ever :D ) suggest a resort hotel, like what I hear about at Isla Verde. I hear good things from people who go there.

If you can do light walking, you could take a taxi, (or attempt to take the free trolley), to the forts and walk around them. It has ramps as well as steps, and it's a nice level walk between them. Living History, a history nut like me loves it!

Or you could take a tour to the Bacardi Factory. I thought it was somewhat overrated, but it is fun and interesting, for some of it we rode a trolley thing and then walked thru the museum part, very short walk. I believe years ago you used to be able to tour the actual factory, now you tour a museum where they tell you about the history and give you free samples. Beautiful grounds. Instead of taking an official tour, we took the ferry across the bay, then a short taxi ride to the factory. The ferry ride was really fun. Not too much $ either. I think the ferry was a buck or two and the taxi was a few bucks each pp each way. I think the tour itself is free.

We stayed at the Courtyard by Marriott - Isla Verde Beach last year for one night pre-cruise. I highly recommend it. It is a public beach and I'm sure there are areas where loungers can be rented. We stayed at the hotel and had use of their loungers/umbrellas but I don't know if the Courtyard offers day passes or not. It was a 20 minute drive from the hotel to the cruise ship. We really enjoyed the beach there and the water was beautiful and would not hesitate to go back there again.

• 2 weeks later...
Has anyone used Island Marketing Ltd. for an all inclusive beach break? I found this on a search and it looks preety good but can not find any info about. Any help would be great.

yes details would be fabulous:D