Balmoral laundry rooms

Hello,

We join the Balmoral shortly and haven't sailed with Fred Olsen before: we are content with knowledge in general about our cruise but have one question.

We have read that you pay for the doing your own laundry, we have no problem with that, but can you take your own washing powder etc into the communal washroom or do the machines automatically supply the powder into the wash?

How do you actually pay?

Thank you in anticipation.

<*))))))><

There are 2 laundry rooms on Balmoral and both have, if my memory serves me right, 8 front loading washing machines and 8 tumble driers + 2 irons. A wash is £2 and the detergent is automatically dispensed into the wash (it's done like this to be compatible with the on board water systems). You get tokens from the guest services desk and it is charged to your account.

The driers and irons are free to use. I always bring some tumble drier anti-static sheets with me and a big bag for carrying my clothes.

There are 2 laundry rooms on Balmoral and both have, if my memory serves me right, 8 front loading washing machines and 8 tumble driers + 2 irons. A wash is £2 and the detergent is automatically dispensed into the wash (it's done like this to be compatible with the on board water systems). You get tokens from the guest services desk and it is charged to your account.

The driers and irons are free to use. I always bring some tumble drier anti-static sheets with me and a big bag for carrying my clothes.

Thank you very much for your informative (and swift) reply.

I knew it would all be simple, but just wanted the details before the good lady starts packing 'little plastic thingy's with liquid detergent within'.

<*))))))><