Disembarkation at Liverpool

cazzy caz

I live very near Liverpool. We have disembarked there, but I am not sure if there is anywhere you can stay for any length of time, but the port is right next to the Crown Plaza, so why not take a short stroll and buy yourself a drink in the bar (you may need to check it will be open at that time). Beware that they charge quite a bit for parking, so you would need to check with reception about arrangements for being picked up. There are other hotels in the area, (search the web or look at Google earth), but the Crown Plaza is much nearer if you have a lot of luggage.

If the weather is good you may be able to take a stroll over to the Pier Head and sit in the sun while waiting to be picked up or go into the cafe at the ferry terminal and shop/museum building. The paving is a bit fancy, so not entirely smooth to wheel cases - but we have done it more than once.

There were plans to change the port facilities, but I hear there has been a change of plan on that because of cutbacks. I love sailing from Liverpool, because you can just drop your luggage off about midday and stroll into town for a light lunch, rather than be stuck sitting in a terminal.

We have been in Wales for a few days, so only just seen your comment. We are not good with very early mornings so never rush to get off as soon as our group is called. If you are an early disembarkation group, you may be able to stay onboard and leave along with a later group, but a big delay is prob best asked about at reception. I think we have been asked for our pref regarding early/late disembarkation at times. All disembarkations are usually complete by about 10.00am or even earlier though, so you would not be able to stay after that.

Enjoy the cruise,

Barbara

Hope you had a great time in Wales. Many thanks for your comment. I asked the question incase my friend got lost or caught up in traffic (rush hour). I will definitely ask about staying on the ship until the very last minute!