Phoenix Airport and duty free?

cruzisme

Flying into Phoenix airport and going on to FLL

Is there a duty free store and can I purchase wine there?

Am I then allowed to take it encased properly onto the plane?

Or it being domestic flight I am disallowed?

We are flying from Vancouver Canada to FLL via Phoenix.

Thanks!:)

Duty Free is not available on arrival, only international departure. You would be best to purchase DF at YVR, after security.

There is one issue with this (which you probably know already). If your PHX connection requires you to go outside security due to a terminal change you can't get the liquor through security. The only option in that situation is to check your luggage only to PHX, claim it, put the wine in your checked luggage, then re-check it to FLL.

What airline(s) into and out of PHX?

I would never suggest you buy wine at duty free in Canada when going to the US. Just too many problems transporting it.. esp since you don't have access to your checked bags to put it in.

Wait til you get to FLL - go to Total Wine for a much better selection and price. There's a Total Wine on 17th St very close to the cruise port.

Duty free out of YVR (or Canada in general, it seems) is no bargain. Duty-free liquor prices are about the same as street prices in a number of European countries for the same brand/same quantity. If you're after wine, cheaper to buy in Florida.

As for duty free sales in the U.S., you have to leave the country and to make sure, you can only collect your purchases as you board the a/c at the jetway.

Agree with everyone's comments...but suggested YVR duty-free because I've done it. I go up to YVR now and then and buy a few bottles of BC wine (Okanagan) in duty-free after security. But I have tons of room in my carry-on, no checked luggage, and the connection in SEA stays airside so it's no problem. Can be a big problem otherwise.

The wine isn't cheap but since we can't get BC wines here in California it's a nice thing to bring home.

Archived