Carnival Sensation Tour Review

Hey everyone!! Today my fiance Justin and I visited the Carnival Sensation in Port Canaveral FL... We are scheduled to get married on the ship this November 20, 2014 (84 days and counting) Yaaaaay! I have to start by saying I was overall impressed with how smooth the day went by.

Our scheduled tour was for 11:30am we arrived just about 11:50am after getting lost in Cape Canaveral for about 20-30 mins. We could literally see the ships docked but had not the slightest clue how to find the correct terminal. After a few turn arounds and help from a local we got there parked and was on our way. The processing time was remarkable my fiance himself was SURPRISED it had gone so organized. ID's check, cleared custom and VIP to the customer service desk foe Vistor Badges. A nice lady name Ellen got us straight thru and tp the neext check point where pictures were taken and next thing we knew it was on to the ship. It literally was no more than 10 mins. As we entered the Guest Services Desk was right ahead. Checked in with them (please forgive me I can't remember the tour guide name) she was ready to go. Our tour started with first visiting the Fantasia Lounge (my favorite, I will try to attach some pictures) large enough space for a bigger wedding party, then we where off to the Oak Room. I would describe this room as a very small location for the wedding guest amount max of about 15-20.

This review I will have to do in parts.

I am trying to upload the pics of the different locations after every description but I am getting an error message I've been trying for quite some time. If anyone is interested in seeing the pics I would be more than greatful to send them via email just let me know. I will be back to finish my review in the morning.

The tour in full took about an hour to see all the different venues, my tour guide then invited us to have lunch at the lido deck and to site see some more before we decided to leave the ship. Overall we spent about 2 hours and about 15 mins on board. I know for scheduling the tour itself then ask for 3 weeks notice. I do hope this helps!

I am trying to upload the pics of the different locations after every description but I am getting an error message I've been trying for quite some time. If anyone is interested in seeing the pics I would be more than greatful to send them via email just let me know. I will be back to finish my review in the morning.

I would love the pics. Getting married on the Sensation January 25, 2015. I have asked for the Oak Room for our ceremony. We are looking at 11 people including us for the ceremony. I requested it for the proximity to the dining room for our luncheon reception. My Future MIL has bad knees and I know she would prefer not to have to use a wheelchair for her only child's wedding.

my email emeraldprincess71@yahoo.com

The tour in full took about an hour to see all the different venues, my tour guide then invited us to have lunch at the lido deck and to site see some more before we decided to leave the ship. Overall we spent about 2 hours and about 15 mins on board. I know for scheduling the tour itself then ask for 3 weeks notice. I do hope this helps!

Thanks for that sounds good to get to know what your going to get and seems quite personal too

Thanks

Greg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I would love the pics. Getting married on the Sensation January 25, 2015. I have asked for the Oak Room for our ceremony. We are looking at 11 people including us for the ceremony. I requested it for the proximity to the dining room for our luncheon reception. My Future MIL has bad knees and I know she would prefer not to have to use a wheelchair for her only child's wedding.

my email emeraldprincess71@yahoo.com

I have been working on getting the pics to you... Even through my email its taking forever I guess because of the size of the pics. I sent the first email unsure if you have received but I promise I will cont to try. They may just come in multiple emails.

Edited by infallible2011
typo

Hey everyone!! Today my fiance Justin and I visited the Carnival Sensation in Port Canaveral FL... We are scheduled to get married on the ship this November 20, 2014 (84 days and counting) Yaaaaay! I have to start by saying I was overall impressed with how smooth the day went by.

Our scheduled tour was for 11:30am we arrived just about 11:50am after getting lost in Cape Canaveral for about 20-30 mins. We could literally see the ships docked but had not the slightest clue how to find the correct terminal. After a few turn arounds and help from a local we got there parked and was on our way. The processing time was remarkable my fiance himself was SURPRISED it had gone so organized. ID's check, cleared custom and VIP to the customer service desk foe Vistor Badges. A nice lady name Ellen got us straight thru and tp the neext check point where pictures were taken and next thing we knew it was on to the ship. It literally was no more than 10 mins. As we entered the Guest Services Desk was right ahead. Checked in with them (please forgive me I can't remember the tour guide name) she was ready to go. Our tour started with first visiting the Fantasia Lounge (my favorite, I will try to attach some pictures) large enough space for a bigger wedding party, then we where off to the Oak Room. I would describe this room as a very small location for the wedding guest amount max of about 15-20.

This review I will have to do in parts.

Continued Review....

After visiting the Oak Room... the Ecstacy Dining Room was next in route. Followed by the Michael Angelo Lounge. It was lovely to see it all set up. I happen to be visiting while 2 weddings where scheduled. I learned from my tour guide that the Carnival Sensation normally has atleast 1 wedding every Thursday and Sunday when it docks in Port Canaveral... Pretty cool I thought! The Michael Angelo Lounge would be best for someone doing the Ceremony and Reception same site. That lounge also had a bar within. Next up was the Plaza Lounge which the large wedding was being set up. This lounge also had a bar and quite enough seating for 50 plus guest. I loved the color of the room coral/sea blue. Right below the Plaza Lounge was the Fantasia Dining Room... the stairway is lovely ideal for pictures! So I am stuck between wanting the Fantasia Lounge and Fantasia Dining Room which is quite across the ship from each other. Although I love the Fantasia Dining Room having my ceremony in the Fantasia Lounge would mean my Formal Dinner Reception would have to be in the Ecstacy Dining Room. I do advise anyone that is having a Shipboard wedding to do the Wedding Site Visit. I can personally say it made everything SO REAL!

I am still trying to load pictures, if anyone can give me some tips a better way to load them. I would greatly appreciate it.

Any questions I can also be reached at infallible1213@gmail.com.

I've never been on the Sensation--now I kind of want to.

I find it easiest to upload pictures to an online photo host site (I use Flickr). That way CruiseCritic doesn't own them and for some reason if I ever want to remove them I can by deleting them on the host site.

I just copy the URL of the photo-->click the postage stamp looking thing in the CC tool bar (2nd icon from the right)-->paste the link-->and hit submit.

Continued Review....

After visiting the Oak Room... the Ecstacy Dining Room was next in route. Followed by the Michael Angelo Lounge. It was lovely to see it all set up. I happen to be visiting while 2 weddings where scheduled. I learned from my tour guide that the Carnival Sensation normally has atleast 1 wedding every Thursday and Sunday when it docks in Port Canaveral... Pretty cool I thought! The Michael Angelo Lounge would be best for someone doing the Ceremony and Reception same site. That lounge also had a bar within. Next up was the Plaza Lounge which the large wedding was being set up. This lounge also had a bar and quite enough seating for 50 plus guest. I loved the color of the room coral/sea blue. Right below the Plaza Lounge was the Fantasia Dining Room... the stairway is lovely ideal for pictures! So I am stuck between wanting the Fantasia Lounge and Fantasia Dining Room which is quite across the ship from each other. Although I love the Fantasia Dining Room having my ceremony in the Fantasia Lounge would mean my Formal Dinner Reception would have to be in the Ecstacy Dining Room. I do advise anyone that is having a Shipboard wedding to do the Wedding Site Visit. I can personally say it made everything SO REAL!

I am still trying to load pictures, if anyone can give me some tips a better way to load them. I would greatly appreciate it.

Any questions I can also be reached at infallible1213@gmail.com.

Your descriptions are very nice thanks

I'm linking up by look at deck plans

A couple if weddings a week

That's not bad

I have been working on getting the pics to you... Even through my email its taking forever I guess because of the size of the pics. I sent the first email unsure if you have received but I promise I will cont to try. They may just come in multiple emails.

I'm not showing anything yet.

I've never been on the Sensation--now I kind of want to.

I find it easiest to upload pictures to an online photo host site (I use Flickr). That way CruiseCritic doesn't own them and for some reason if I ever want to remove them I can by deleting them on the host site.

I just copy the URL of the photo-->click the postage stamp looking thing in the CC tool bar (2nd icon from the right)-->paste the link-->and hit submit.

Thank you so much with the heads up on Flickr it worked!!!

So happy to see all of these Sensation brides!

I love the ship - I appreciate it's "old school" ship feel! I have been awaiting some dry dock info and so far for Fantasy class ships the Elation and Ecstasy appear to not be getting all of the 2.0 upgrades. I am relieved honestly. I know what to expect on this ship and that was why we chose it!

I am hoping for my ceremony to be in the main theater (Fantasia) and since I booked the DJ the reception will be in the nightclub.

We are waiting on our save the dates to come in and will have those mailed out in early October at the latest. We are inviting 260 people and are hoping for a good turnout!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...