Carnival Fascination Review & Pictures 6/11/11-6/16/11

Soon2BeMrsI

Well, we're back. It honestly feels like it was all a dream!

Embarking was an easy and quick process for us, as we were married on the ship and we got to go through VIP boarding. The wedding was wonderful and everything I imagined, I posted a review on that on the Honeymoon and Wedding Board here.

We were traveling with a group of 17, 9 cabins. It included one teenager, 3 kids and the rest were all adults. We had a balcony room, M123 and it was great. It was nice and clean and the steward was WONDERFUL.

We had early dining in the Imagination Dining Room and we set with out group. "Joseph the Super Charged Matro'd" was out matro'd(sp?). He was great and very entertaining. We were served the remainder of our wedding cake for the first 2 nights at dinner.

The bar staff was great, we made friends with one of the bartenders, we called him "Boozeman" because that's how he introduced himself. His name was actually Plaman(sp?) and he worked at the bar next to Putting on the Ritz. He was great, and we actually ran into him in Nassau off the ship.

We went to Half Moon Cay, and we had 2 cabanas number 14 and 15. I HIGHLY recommend getting cabanas if you are going to Half Moon Cay. They were more than convenient.

Nassau, was okay. We had a couple in out group do snorkling and enjoyed it. We had some do a tour and loved it as well. We stayed right around port and went out twice, once to do some shopping during the day and once to just walk around take pictures around sunset.

It was a packed ship, but there were never any really long waits for anything.

We had one kid in the 6-8 group on Camp Carnival and she LOVED it! We had 2 in the 9-11 group, and they enjoyed it although the 11 year old said it wasn't as much fun as last year. The teenager enjoy Club 02, although she didn't make as good of buddies with any of the kids this year as she did last year either.

We were in the Newlywed game which was a blast! We really enjoyed ourselves. This was hubby's first cruise and is ready to book our next one. We will be going back next year and maybe every year for our anniversary.

My only complaint is with problems that we had with the photography department over the wedding pictures. Just so that anyone who might possibly get married onboard a ship knows, if you expect quality prints of your pictures you need to specifically tell them that you want matte prints, otherwise they print them on the cheap glossy paper that they print you photos that are taken throughout the cruise. Just a heads up.

If anyone has any questions feel free to ask. I am going to include the links to my pictures on facebook.

WEDDING PICTURES:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150213730992019.321069.684577018

Pictures of the cruise and ports of call:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150214020397019.321145.684577018

AND

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150214267982019.321246.684577018

Pictures on Half Moon Cay of "Trash the Dress":

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150214883852019.321479.684577018

Congratulations !!! :)

Thanks for the heads-up on the CCL Photographer. The daughter of a good family friend is getting married on the Legend next year; I will be sure to tell her about the matte finish on the pictures.

I would love to see your pics as I am going on this ship in Sept, however I am not on facebook and the links say:

This content is currently unavailable

The page you requested cannot be displayed right now. It may be temporarily unavailable, the link you clicked on may have expired, or you may not have permission to view this page.

Congratulatons Mrs. I. I'm so happy your hubby enjoyed his first cruise. It's always great when both people love to cruise and you don't have to deal with having to convince a spouse that doesn't like to cruise that you want to go on one. I turned my then boyfriend, now 40 yr DH, into a cruise lover way back in the day. Our first cruise together was to the Bahamas and in August we will be cruising there with our 16-yr old DS and his friend.

By the way, you probably know this, but you can take your pictures to a CVS drugstore and get mat copies is that is what you want. I hope you weren't too disappointed when you got them.

Again, congratulations and I hope you have as wonderful a marriage as I've had with my DH!:D 40 yrs. and counting!

Well now ,that was a wonderful review !

You have found an old friend for me ;).

He wasn't a MD back when DW and I sailed Celebration, he's moved up in the world :D

I'm gonna sail Fascination again in a few weeks !

I'll say hello to Joseph for you .

Archived