Tortola on Wednesday February 24th

BMH5150

Hey Everyone!

We (myself, wife, and two kids) are still undecided as to our off board plans for Tortola. We've never been to Tortola. We are definitely looking for day at the beach without being rushed. I'm reading that Jost Van Dyke might not be the best choice considering our ship (Norwegian Escape) leaves at 3pm. We're pretty much ruling out the Baths because of how busy it gets. So therefore we are narrowing it down to Cane Garden Beach, Smugglers Cove or Brewers Bay.

Does anyone have any opinions about those beaches? What is the most efficient way to have maximum beach time with a nice atmosphere on Tortola??

Thanks,

Brian

Hey Everyone!

We (myself, wife, and two kids) are still undecided as to our off board plans for Tortola. We've never been to Tortola. We are definitely looking for day at the beach without being rushed. I'm reading that Jost Van Dyke might not be the best choice considering our ship (Norwegian Escape) leaves at 3pm. We're pretty much ruling out the Baths because of how busy it gets. So therefore we are narrowing it down to Cane Garden Beach, Smugglers Cove or Brewers Bay.

Does anyone have any opinions about those beaches? What is the most efficient way to have maximum beach time with a nice atmosphere on Tortola??

Thanks,

Brian

Brian,

You will find brief descriptions of these beaches in post #1 of this thread. Read on for many more great opinions -

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1877491

Your choice depends on which sounds like a nice atmosphere to you as they are very different from each other.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

This is my first post/reply ever!!! BMH5150 Cool Cruiser

....what beach did you and your family end up choosing? My extended family of 9 (8 -70 years)will be travelling to Tortola during our April 16th Norwegian Escape cruise as well and I have been pondering the same thing!!! Based on multiple reviews we are leaning towards Smuggler's. Just worried that our time may be limited since our sail away time is 3:00pm

Edited by Weezer72

This is my first post/reply ever!!! BMH5150 Cool Cruiser

....what beach did you and your family end up choosing? My extended family of 9 (8 -70 years)will be travelling to Tortola during our April 16th Norwegian Escape cruise as well and I have been pondering the same thing!!! Based on multiple reviews we are leaning towards Smuggler's. Just worried that our time may be limited since our sail away time is 3:00pm

Welcome to the cruise critic family Weezer72! :)

Yes, Smuggler's Cove is a gorgeous beach. There have been no amenities there save a portapotty but one poster reported Nigel had returned with his grill and drinks. You will definitely want your taxi driver to return for you as Smuggler's is a bit secluded and no taxis will come there to pick you up otherwise.

If you want something "easier" Brewers Bay has a beach bar and lounge rentals and is also a nice beach and it's a regular stop for taxis. $8pp each way to BB, $12pp for SC...

Enjoy Tortola! ;)

Edited by blue_water

Welcome to the cruise critic family Weezer72! :)

Yes, Smuggler's Cove is a gorgeous beach. There have been no amenities there save a portapotty but one poster reported Nigel had returned with his grill and drinks. You will definitely want your taxi driver to return for you as Smuggler's is a bit secluded and no taxis will come there to pick you up otherwise.

If you want something "easier" Brewers Bay has a beach bar and lounge rentals and is also a nice beach and it's a regular stop for taxis. $8pp each way to BB, $12pp for SC...

Enjoy Tortola! ;)

Thanks so much

blue_water;)

We are really excited and are looking forward to spend some quality time on a beautiful beach!!!