Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Cruise Lines "A - O" > Oceania Cruises

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Oceania Cruises
Go to the Oceania Roll Call Forums

Old December 15th, 2005, 03:47 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default Med. Cruise

We are booked on the May Insignia cruise to the Med. I think someone mentioned that Libya would recognize individual visas, but that they had problems with the group visas from the ship. Is this correct? Could anyone recommend personal guides in Libya, Tunis, or Casablanca? Worldover

Old December 15th, 2005, 04:03 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default it may/likely won't do any good

Quote:
Originally Posted by worldover
We are booked on the May Insignia cruise to the Med. I think someone mentioned that Libya would recognize individual visas, but that they had problems with the group visas from the ship. Is this correct? Could anyone recommend personal guides in Libya, Tunis, or Casablanca? Worldover
We're on this cruise, too. Obviously, individual visas will make no difference if the ship doesn't go there. What Oceania needs to do is to step up and clearly state whether the intent is to try to go to Libya and, if so, while they may still do a group visa, I'd personally back it up with individual visas. If Oceania doesn't make a public statement that the intent is to go to Libya even if the group visa is denied/not honored, then I'd bet they'd divert again in the same circumstance they faced in November...and you/I would be out the cost of the individual visas.
1/01: Renaissance R7, Central Mediterranean; 5/02: HAL Volendam, Alaska; 12/02: RSSC Mariner, Western Caribbean; 7/03: RSSC Voyager, Baltic; 2/04: RSSC Diamond, Eastern Caribbean; 10/04: RSSC Diamond, Eastern Mediterranean; 5/05: RSSC Mariner, LA-Alaska; 8/05: RSSC Voyager, Europe-Mediterranean; 12/05: HAL Volendam, Eastern Caribbean; 10/06: RSSC Voyager, Central Mediterranean; 6/07: RSSC Voyager, Norway/Arctic; 7/08: RSSC Navigator, Black Sea; 12/08: RSSC Voyager, Panama Canal; 6/09: RSSC Mariner, Alaska; 7/10: RSSC Voyager, Baltic; 10/10: Silversea Spirit, Western Mediterranean; 1/12: A&K Le Boreal, Antarctic; 6/12: RSSC Voyager, Iceland-Norway; 5/13: Silversea Shadow, Japan-Alaska; 7/13: A&K Le Boreal, Arctic; 12/13: Tauck Swiss Sapphire, Rhine; 7/14: Tauck Swiss Sapphire, Seine; 10/15: RSSC Voyager, Istanbul-Dubai