Help with Elation vs. Triumph

rebric12

Elation will be sailing out of Mobile and the Triumph out of New Orleans. Either port is within driving distance for me. What are your different opinions on the ships? On the Elation there is a Musical Cafe and on the Triumph a Vienna Cafe, does any one know if both of those serve the international coffees and pastries? Plus, does any one know about how good the water slides are on either ship? My seven and fifteen year old could slide all day.

Thanks a bunch!

I was just on the Elation for 3 nights. The waterslide looks MUCH larger in pictures then it really is. There is a coffee bar with international coffees and pastries on the Elation. I'm not sure what the prices are, but I passed it a few times. The Elation isn't that "large" of a ship.

I've been on both, and while I liked the Triumph, I love the Elation. You do need to realize that these are two completely different ships. Elation is older, smaller and was built without balconies. She was upgraded, but still alot different. I still love her and would cruise on her anytime, I just prefer longer cruises and want to go to different places, so I'm not sure if I'll ever cruise on her again, and thats a little sad (for me, of course). Anyways, its all about you and what you want and where you want to go and do, so look at that way and don't worry about the ships. Both are great!;)

Unless you're planning on booking a balcony, I would go with the Elation. Just not a fan of the Destiny class.

Actually, the Triumph is in the Triumph Class which includes the Carnival Victory. Only two ships in this class. We just got off the Triumph two days ago and loved our cruise. We have cruised the Elation, twice. It is an older and smaller ship than the Triumph. It does not have the Seaside Theater that the Triumph has. The Triumph has almost the exact same layout as the Conquest but just a tad smaller. Our favorite place on the Elation is the very aft on the Lido Deck where you can eat outside. We miss that on the newer ships. We have enjoyed both ships and I think you would have a wonderful time on either.

Our favorite place on the Elation is the very aft on the Lido Deck where you can eat outside. We miss that on the newer ships. We have enjoyed both ships and I think you would have a wonderful time on either.

Ditto. I love that area as well. Just kick back with a good book, a drink or a bottle of water and enjoy the ocean. Its the greatest.

Archived