Radisson - Port Canaveral shuttle question

kirian

I am booked for one night at the Radisson with their parking packaging. I'm a bit confused by something on my confirmation regarding booking the shuttle to the ship.

Can those of you that have stayed overnight there and shuttled over to the ship tell me if I need to call before I arrive on Sunday to book the shuttle for the next morning, or do I just do it when I arrive at check-in? Is there any reason why booking it prior to my arrival would be a benefit? I mean, do these shuttles book up way in advance and I am going to end up waiting until the afternoon to get on one if I don't pre-book it (I'm not sure if they run constantly or if there is a break between 11:30 - 1 as some people have mentioned who are just doing the parking the day of the cruise)

Thanks!

Melissa

I am booked for one night at the Radisson with their parking packaging. I'm a bit confused by something on my confirmation regarding booking the shuttle to the ship.

Can those of you that have stayed overnight there and shuttled over to the ship tell me if I need to call before I arrive on Sunday to book the shuttle for the next morning, or do I just do it when I arrive at check-in? Is there any reason why booking it prior to my arrival would be a benefit? I mean, do these shuttles book up way in advance and I am going to end up waiting until the afternoon to get on one if I don't pre-book it (I'm not sure if they run constantly or if there is a break between 11:30 - 1 as some people have mentioned who are just doing the parking the day of the cruise)

Thanks!

Melissa

I don't know what you paid for the parking package with the shuttle compared to just the hotel room or the room with parking but it will probably cost less to book only the room and then just take a cab to the ship. That's what we did. Not only is a cab cheaper but you can go anytime you want instead of being on the shuttle schedule.

Sorry, I know this doesn't answer your question but just something to consider.

Edited by Marie51

I don't know what you paid for the parking package with the shuttle compared to just the hotel room or the room with parking but it will probably cost less to book only the room and then just take a cab to the ship. That's what we did. Not only is a cab cheaper but you can go anytime you want instead of being on the shuttle schedule.

Sorry, I know this doesn't answer your question but just something to consider.

Thanks Marie, but I'm driving down from North Carolina and I need to leave my car somewhere during the cruise. Every place charges to leave your car while on a cruise (understandably so or else random people (non-guests) would just park in the hotel lots). The shuttle is included when you get the parking package so it's not costing any extra.

Are you saying you were able to stay overnight at this hotel and just leave your car in the lot without having to pay extra to do so? I was assuming you had to have some sort of pass on you dashboard or else they would tow you. I'm all about saving money, so let me know if I am understanding correctly what you did.

Thanks!

Melissa

Thanks Marie, but I'm driving down from North Carolina and I need to leave my car somewhere during the cruise. Every place charges to leave your car while on a cruise (understandably so or else random people (non-guests) would just park in the hotel lots). The shuttle is included when you get the parking package so it's not costing any extra.

Are you saying you were able to stay overnight at this hotel and just leave your car in the lot without having to pay extra to do so? I was assuming you had to have some sort of pass on you dashboard or else they would tow you. I'm all about saving money, so let me know if I am understanding correctly what you did.

Thanks!

Melissa

Hi.....Sorry I did not make myself clear. My daughter-in-law, granddaughter and I drove to PC and stayed at the Residence Inn. We parked the car there while on the cruise for $6/nt. Yes, they gave us a pass for the dashboard. That was much less than if we had parked at the port. Then they had a shuttle for $8/pp to the ship but the 3 of us took a cab instead as it was less money(I think $14) and we could leave whenever we wanted. Their shuttle only left at 11am.

Whatever you decide to do have a wonderful trip.

Hi.....Sorry I did not make myself clear. My daughter-in-law, granddaughter and I drove to PC and stayed at the Residence Inn. We parked the car there while on the cruise for $6/nt. Yes, they gave us a pass for the dashboard. That was much less than if we had parked at the port. Then they had a shuttle for $8/pp to the ship but the 3 of us took a cab instead as it was less money(I think $14) and we could leave whenever we wanted. Their shuttle only left at 11am.

Whatever you decide to do have a wonderful trip.

Ahhh... that makes sense now. Thanks so much for clarifying :) I can totally understand in your case why you chose the taxi route, I would have as well! Thanks also for the well wishes on the trip. I'm determined to have fun no matter what :D

I decided to play it on the safe side since I wasn't sure what was best. Just got off the phone with the Radisson and booked us on the 10:30a shuttle (my friend has never cruised before, so I am hoping to get us on the ship before the crowds so she can check everything out :)

Melissa

Edited by kirian