Medical Advisory

Carolfay

Well, I must say I wasn't too surprised to receive this message today:

"IMPORTANT NOTIFICATION:

"In light of recent national news regarding the Ebola virus, we wish to advise you that we have adopted new boarding procedures and screenings in conjunction with the US Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and World Health Organization (WHO). We are screening for any guests or crew who have visited or traveled through countries with Level 3 CDC Travel Health Notices (Liberia, Sierra Leone and Guinea) within 21 days of a cruise departure date and they will be denied boarding. We are also monitoring bookings for any guests coming from these countries. Additionally, we will deny boarding to any guest who has had physical contact with or helped care for a person suspected of having Ebola or diagnosed as having Ebola within a minimum of 21 days before embarkation, until further notice. Seabourn has robust medical protocols that are consistent with public health recommendations. We are monitoring the situation closely, along with our colleagues in the rest of the travel industry. Guests seeking more information on Ebola can visit the World Health Organization's website at http://www.who.int; or the CDC site at http://www.cdc.gov."

Well, I must say I wasn't too surprised to receive this message today:

"IMPORTANT NOTIFICATION:

"In light of recent national news regarding the Ebola virus, we wish to advise you that we have adopted new boarding procedures and screenings in conjunction with the US Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and World Health Organization (WHO). We are screening for any guests or crew who have visited or traveled through countries with Level 3 CDC Travel Health Notices (Liberia, Sierra Leone and Guinea) within 21 days of a cruise departure date and they will be denied boarding. We are also monitoring bookings for any guests coming from these countries. Additionally, we will deny boarding to any guest who has had physical contact with or helped care for a person suspected of having Ebola or diagnosed as having Ebola within a minimum of 21 days before embarkation, until further notice. Seabourn has robust medical protocols that are consistent with public health recommendations. We are monitoring the situation closely, along with our colleagues in the rest of the travel industry. Guests seeking more information on Ebola can visit the World Health Organization's website at http://www.who.int; or the CDC site at http://www.cdc.gov."

wow. i think we are on the same cruise as you are and we did not get such a notice. did you get it directly or via your TA?

Just received the same message. We are on the cruise Barcelona - Cape Town on the 19th November and have had a number of ports cancelled. Will post while on board and let everyone know the situation is being handled.

Jozi, it came as an attachment to an e-mail from Seabourn's Customer Care department.

Thanks Carolfay. I did finally find the message buried in my inbox-- it was via my travel agent's parent company, not how i usually communicate with her, so didn't show up in my primary emails.

See you on board! Jozi