Liberty in July-- a few questions!

CaelaXO

Hello! We are taking a family reunion cruise in July- 12 people total- from 5 years old to 60+ (6 adults, 6 kids). This will be my 8th cruise, but the first for almost everyone else. I have some questions

1). I have been to Nassau before on a different boat (3 times on the Sensation, 1x on Fascination). Is the Liberty much different?

2). Any must bring things for kids? I have only ever taken 1 child on a cruise, now I'm taking 4!!

3). I have never cruised in July before. Is it typically packed and does it feel overcrowded.

4). Any ideas on how to stay in contact with the other members of our party while on the boat? HUB app? Whiteboard on the cabin door?

5). Should we do the anytime dining or pick a time? I've never cruised with such a large party before!

6). Is it worth it to do an excursion? I think I did one the first time I went to Nassau, but it involved drinking and that's not appropriate this time around. The other times, we just went to a public beach and rented chairs.

7) Thoughts on the kids club. Kids ages 5, 7, 7, 8, 12 and 15.

Any insight/suggestions would be much appreciated! Thank you!

Hello! We are taking a family reunion cruise in July- 12 people total- from 5 years old to 60+ (6 adults, 6 kids). This will be my 8th cruise, but the first for almost everyone else. I have some questions

1). I have been to Nassau before on a different boat (3 times on the Sensation, 1x on Fascination). Is the Liberty much different?

2). Any must bring things for kids? I have only ever taken 1 child on a cruise, now I'm taking 4!!

3). I have never cruised in July before. Is it typically packed and does it feel overcrowded.

4). Any ideas on how to stay in contact with the other members of our party while on the boat? HUB app? Whiteboard on the cabin door?

5). Should we do the anytime dining or pick a time? I've never cruised with such a large party before!

6). Is it worth it to do an excursion? I think I did one the first time I went to Nassau, but it involved drinking and that's not appropriate this time around. The other times, we just went to a public beach and rented chairs.

7) Thoughts on the kids club. Kids ages 5, 7, 7, 8, 12 and 15.

Any insight/suggestions would be much appreciated! Thank you!

Hi there! I have reviewed the Liberty on my blog-

http://thecheerfulcruiser.blogspot.com/2016/06/carnival-liberty-cruise-review.html

and I have a FB page too that you can like-https://www.facebook.com/The-Cheerful-Cruiser-1713812358872821/ I would set up a time for dining for your entire party so you can guarantee a seating for all of you. The early seating at 6 has always worked best for my family.

As for your questions- the Liberty is a Conquest Class ship so the layout is a bit different compared to the Fascination (I have been on both). I personally like the Liberty layout better. :) In July the weather is just plain old hot- so be sure to bring plenty of sunscreen for the kids! (and adults) :) I have seen folks use walkie talkies to keep in touch. In Nassau there is a nice beach within walking distance of the ship (Junkanoo) so unless your kiddos really want to swim with dolphins I would skip an excursion. My son has only done the teen club (Club 02) but he really liked all the times he attended. I am happy to help answer any questions if I can! :)

Liberty is a great ship! I have sailed her a couple times one during the winter months and one at the end of June. It is HOT! Make sure to stay hydrated or it can ruin your day. The ship itself is larger and has some more things to do for all ages. I don't have kids but I have heard many people compliment how awesome the programs are. This would also give you some time to relax! I always do the late dinner just so I am not rushed off an island to shower and head to dinner. I did anytime dinning once and did not like it. Having a large group also means people will do different things on the island and dinner time is always nice to catch up and share your experience.

Excursions sure can get pricey!!! Look on here and read what other people have done at those ports. I have had amazing excursions that Carnival did not offer and for a great price!! I am not a beach guy so I like to do things that are a bit more adventurous.

Just remember with a large group, everyone may want to do something different! On or off the boat and I see way to many people get aggravated with each other because no one can decide. Relax and Have FUN!!