New Orleans: Stay and park?

txponycruiser

As we patiently (not) wait for the 2015 summer schedule to come out, we're considering trying a cruise out of New Orleans instead of Galveston this time. Galveston is an easy 3 hours from home, but New Orleans will have to include an overnight stay before embark. Can anyone recommend a close, family friendly, and economical hotel w/ free parking? I've searched and have come up empty.

I've heard lots of people stay at the Drury on Poydras St. It's about a mile from the cruise terminal. I haven't done it, but have read lots of folks do it. They stay at least one night at the Drury and they can leave the car in the Drury parking lot for free during their cruise. I've also heard they have a shuttle to the terminal.

Good Luck!

I've heard lots of people stay at the Drury on Poydras St. It's about a mile from the cruise terminal. I haven't done it, but have read lots of folks do it. They stay at least one night at the Drury and they can leave the car in the Drury parking lot for free during their cruise. I've also heard they have a shuttle to the terminal.

Good Luck!

I love the Drury Inn but right now their website says they have construction going on and are using valet offsite parking. You might want to check that before making reservations there and confirm that the parking package is still available and that the parking will be on their site. That is what I loved about that hotel. No waiting for valet parking to bring your car. I have also looked at a hotel for pre-cruise with parking for our cruise in May but didn't find one close to the cruise terminal and within walking distance of the sights in New Orleans that had a reasonable rate. I only live 2 hours away so will probably just drive the morning of and park in the terminal's parking garage. It is very convenient and nice the way they take the luggage from the cars.

We are staying in Metarie before our July cruise on Elation. I am not sure about parking yet (my aunt is in charge of the rooms and parking, I am in charge of the cruise itself, as she is in New Orleans every other weekend for swim competitions, and she knows the area better). You must not live too far from me, as I am four hours from Galveston. We live in East Texas, right at the Louisiana border.

Maison St Charles offers cruise and park. Another option is to find a decent hotel and park at Fulton Garage for $8 per day. The terminal charges $16.

How do you get $8 a day. I have parked there 2 times and they charged me $12 a day. On their web site says $12 a day.

How do you get $8 a day. I have parked there 2 times and they charged me $12 a day. On their web site says $12 a day.

It is different parts of the garage. The rooftop is $8, Covered is $10. There is another "Overnight" listed as well that is $20.

If this is the same site that we are referring to that has a shuttle that takes you to the port and is located on the other side of the convention center from the port.:D

It is different parts of the garage. The rooftop is $8, Covered is $10. There is another "Overnight" listed as well that is $20.

If this is the same site that we are referring to that has a shuttle that takes you to the port and is located on the other side of the convention center from the port.:D

Look at the box on the left side and it says $8 rooftop. It is the same place that has it for $12.

http://www.fultonplaceparkingcenter.com/index.html

Dave

We are sailing out of NOLA in June. Here is what I found through my research:

Wyndham New Orleans French Quarter - $229 Park & Cruise. No Shuttle

Royal St. Charles Hotel - No longer offer Park & Cruise

Maison St. Charles - 2 night min. stay. Not available the week we needed it.

Holiday Inn Downtown Superdome - $158.99 for 2 doubles Park & Cruise. No shuttle

Holiday Inn in Gretna - $134 Park & Cruise. No Shuttle

Ambassador Hotel - They called this park & cruise..$32 per night for parking :eek:

Sheraton Metarie - $139 Park & Cruise. No Shuttle

Sheraton 4 Points @ Airport - $109 Park & Cruise. No Shuttle

Sheraton Western NOLA Canal - $18 parking per night.

Drury Inn - No longer offer park & cruise.

Embassy Suites - $189 Park & Cruise. No Shuttle

Stay Bridge NOLA - $202 Park & Cruise. No Shuttle

Quality Inn in Gretna - $139 Park & Cruise for 2; $5 ea. additional adult. Has shuttle.

I decided to use my Marriot points to get a room at the Fairfield Inn at the airport and we will use Fulton for parking.

Edited by cricket_7

Holiday Inn Downtown Superdome - $158.99 for 2 doubles Park & Cruise. No shuttle

Ambassador Hotel - They called this park & cruise..$32 per night for parking :eek:

Quality Inn in Gretna - $139 Park & Cruise for 2; $5 ea. additional adult. Has shuttle.

I decided to use my Marriot points to get a room at the Fairfield Inn at the airport and we will use Fulton for parking.

Wow! Thanks for the research!

Another THANKS!!! :D

If you would, please leave details about how parking at Fulton was. I've seen some bad reviews on the web... but I will probably park there in Nov.

Mike

I pulled the trigger and booked the holiday inn downtown's park and cruise for our April cruise today. We live in TX and usually go out of Galveston, I was in sticker shock after looking at hotel/parking prices....:eek::eek::eek: My rate was the 158.99 (191.00 with taxes) and includes parking, but there was a note about having to taxi to port at $7-$10 per person per way.....whatchagonnado?

Edited by jgr8fulbear

I have stayed at Fulton Place parking two times and have not had any problems. I will use them again in May and again in Dec.. I would like to know what kind of problems anyone has had with them.

The only issues I have came accross were a couple where they wouldn't honor the rate quoted on the web page, even with a prepaid receipt and some complaints about the garage structure itself. And some issues with employees there. But after further research, it seems there are a lot of satisfied customers. I will be using this garage in November unless there are a lot of negative posts here in the near future.

Mike

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Good Luck!

I stayed here one night about 4 years ago and did the stay and park, best deal ever for this area. However if you go to google maps and look at the hotel now, you can see the construction. It looks like they are building a new addition where the old parking lot used to be so the Drury may not be an option going forward. Have to see what they say when the construction is over, I was really looking forward to staying here again in Nov when we cruise out of NOLA.

• 3 weeks later...

We are trying NOLA too in 2015 and normally go out of Galveston due to the close drive (3 hrs also)

I am thinking about cashing in Marriott pts but Marriott site does not go through my arrival date yet.

I think we will park at the port as my hubby is one who likes to get off ship as soon as he can and on the road headed home....especially since we have a longer drive this time and he works early next AM

• 2 months later...

WOW!! this is what i was looking for!! your amazing! :D

The Holiday Inn French Quarter used to have a Park and Stay Rate. We went about 3 years ago and it was $150 a night but thta included 8 days of parking. It was one block off Bourbon Street so it was in the heart of evertyhing.

We did have to pay an extra $15 each way for a taxi.

It sounds like the $8 Fulton Parking is the way to go.

We parked there the first time we sailed out of NOLA and it was fine. I don't remembe the rate, but it was the year before KAtrina so it was some time ago.

We stayed at the holiday Inn downtown under the cruise rate last weekend pre cruise. They had a shuttle to port that we weren't expecting as it says online we are responsible both ways, added bonus. Very nice hotel, and the park and stay worked well for us

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Forums mobile app