Skagway Help

fourdarlings

My dh and I are booked for Whale Watching with Captain Larry in Juneau and Island Wings Misty Fjords in Ketchikan, but don't know what to do in Skagway. He does not want to take the railroad tour as we have a Princess land tour before hand and are on the train for 9 hrs from Denali to Whittier.

Any suggestions or recommendations? (We are 37 & 38).

Thx

Keri

Island Princess 7/17/2006

My dh and I are booked for Whale Watching with Captain Larry in Juneau and Island Wings Misty Fjords in Ketchikan, but don't know what to do in Skagway. He does not want to take the railroad tour as we have a Princess land tour before hand and are on the train for 9 hrs from Denali to Whittier.

Any suggestions or recommendations? (We are 37 & 38).

Thx

Keri

Island Princess 7/17/2006

We did dog sledding on a glacier via helicopter. It was very expensive but it was the highlight of our trip. We also did the Midnight Run on the train and I felt it was worth it. It's a little cheaper and a little shorter. We did the train from Seward to Anchorage and believe me it is nothing compared to the train in Skagway. On the Midnight Run we actually saw a black bear with her cub!! Stop in the Red Onion and take the short but cute $5 tour of the upstairs bordello;)

What are your interests??? A top tour choice is a car rental and driving the Klondike Highway. But at least consider getting to the Park Service visitor center- excellent orientation to the gold rush history. :) Located at Broadway and Second. http://www.nps.gov/klgo/schedule.htm

Archived