Visit Safarick's from Colon?

amsp

Has anyone gone to Safarick's Animal Refuge from Colon? Were you able to do it with anything else? I'd love to do Portobela, Safarick's and a quick look at the locks. Any ideas of where I could find a guide to do this?

While don't have any personal experience with these tour people, they have largely received good reviews on this forum... maybe they can work something up.

My Friend Mario (Almiza tours) http://www.mfm.somee.com/index.htm

Robtads mail to: robtads2@hotmail.com

robtads@hotmail.com

As far as the locks goes... The new Agua Clara Locks maybe your only option. The Gatun Locks are no longer open to visitors on a daily basis and are only open when a cruise ship is in port. I don't know if Gatun Locks will accept private tours if they are open or only accept tour groups that have made arrangements through the ship.

We went. Pretty full day if you do the zoo and beach/lunch. But is just the zoo, you will have time to do something close to the port. We purchased through a tour agency but I imagine you can reserve directly with them. The owner drove us himself and gave running commentary. He is from Canada and built the zoo from scratch.

Sent from my iPad using Forums