3 night balcony vs. 6 night inside?

adverb

Hello. My bf and I are considering a couple disney cruises. We live in Orlando. We found a decently priced one out of Miami for 6-night for an inside on the Disney Wonder. Unfortunately, Miami is 3+ hours away from us and parking is pretty expensive. So we're talking about $120+ in parking fees, plus 4 hours of driving each way, plus lots of gas. So the cheap cruise isn't quite as cheap. Ports included are Grand Cayman, Cozumel, and Castaway Cay. I've been to the first two ports so I could take them or leave them, but I really wanna go to Castaway Cay.

We also saw a similarly priced balcony in Orlando. Since we're close to the port, it's a lot shorter drive, and parking is cheaper too. However, it's only for 3 nights. This is on the Disney Dream. Also goes to Castaway Cay and Bahamas. Bahamas I can skip but once again excited about Castaway Cay.

So, do you have any thoughts? Obviously the longer night one is nicer, but the costs add up and I'm not sure if its worth the hassle considering we can get a better room for a similar price on the 3-day.

My main priorities are going to Castaway Cay and seeing Chip 'n Dale in lots of outfits. It seems that they are more present on the Disney Wonder than the Dream.

Any advice would be great. Thanks :)

Our philosophy is the longer sailings always trump the shorter ones, regardless of cabin.

Are you a Florida resident? (I see you are now that I learned to read, lol.) DCL offers last minute awesome deals to those in state, especially off season, as in now.

Not sure of you location (I know now your locale as someone read your post to me, lol.), but if 3 hours from MIA, you could be near Port Canaveral. If true, I'd wait for a deal from that port and save $$, if needed.

Have you seen these last minute/month *GT rates and FLR rates on the Fantasy out of PC @ $1000/pp? Sweet deals IMO.

I'd sail out of PC, given your location.

Search for "FLR" rates.

Good Luck and HTH / DCL Rocks.

ETA; After someone else read me your post, it was suggested I delete my post, lol. But I'll let it stand and embarrass myself. I deserve the defamation, for failure to read. lol.

Sorry for my useless post, but have you seen this? Look for FLR rates; http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3244232&highlight=flr+rates&page=43

Edited by bear3412

Our philosophy is the longer sailings always trump the shorter ones, regardless of cabin.

Are you a Florida resident? (I see you are now that I learned to read, lol.) DCL offers last minute awesome deals to those in state, especially off season, as in now.

Not sure of you location (I know now your locale as someone read your post to me, lol.), but if 3 hours from MIA, you could be near Port Canaveral. If true, I'd wait for a deal from that port and save $$, if needed.

Have you seen these last minute/month *GT rates and FLR rates on the Fantasy out of PC @ $1000/pp? Sweet deals IMO.

I'd sail out of PC, given your location.

Search for "FLR" rates.

Good Luck and HTH / DCL Rocks.

ETA; After someone else read me your post, it was suggested I delete my post, lol. But I'll let it stand and embarrass myself. I deserve the defamation, for failure to read. lol.

Sorry for my useless post, but have you seen this? Look for FLR rates; http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3244232&highlight=flr+rates&page=43

Thank you for your input! I've been looking for a cheap cruise out of PC but not having any luck this past month. All the deals are out of Miami.

It's about $650/pp for the 3-night balcony out of PC, and $740/pp for the 6-night inside out of Miami. However, the 6-night inside has more extraneous costs including a 4 hour drive to miami and more parking fees. I know the Miami one is a good FL resident price, but I'm still trying to decide if its worth the hassle :(

I agree with Bear, go for the 6 night over the 3 night.

The Dream is a much larger ship so you will have limited time to explore it in just 3 days, Castaway Cay will have a lot more PAX than when the Wonder goes there.

If you can live without the balcony and find the extra cash, personally I would go for the Wonder.

C&D will have more time to make appearances on the Wonder too.

Oh and you will have a chance to dine at Palo (reservations permitting) without missing dining in all 3 MDR's.

ex techie

Edited by Ex techie

I agree with Bear, go for the 6 night over the 3 night.

The Dream is a much larger ship so you will have limited time to explore it in just 3 days, Castaway Cay will have a lot more PAX than when the Wonder goes there.

If you can live without the balcony and find the extra cash, personally I would go for the Wonder.

C&D will have more time to make appearances on the Wonder too.

Oh and you will have a chance to dine at Palo (reservations permitting) without missing dining in all 3 MDR's.

ex techie

Thanks for your advice.

Will Chip & Dale be in a different outfit each time, or will they mostly be the same attire?

Thanks for your advice.

Will Chip & Dale be in a different outfit each time, or will they mostly be the same attire?

It will change if it is a special evening/day.

If there is a Formal or Semi Formal night then the fab 5 will be in formal attire.

They will be in their beach wear at CC.

7012057339_d44b2c792e_z.jpg

163881_497137148866_531118866_6233874_1215836_n2.jpg

DSC00833.jpg

all images from google search, I do not own them.

ex techie

Edited by Ex techie

It will change if it is a special evening/day.

If there is a Formal or Semi Formal night then the fab 5 will be in formal attire.

They will be in their beach wear at CC.

7012057339_d44b2c792e_z.jpg

163881_497137148866_531118866_6233874_1215836_n2.jpg

DSC00833.jpg

ex techie

Thank you! They are so adorable!

Could I potentially see all 3 of those outfits on the 3-night cruise?

Are they ever in Rescue Ranger form? I know it's a longshot :(