Rendezvous vs. Ti Kaye

Brangwen

Just trying to compile current info about both of these day pass resorts to both help us decide as well as other visitors who may be comparing the two.

RENDEZVOUS: Copied from another thread, I do not see it on their website anywhere so I am guessing this is email info only? :confused:

**Thank you for your interest in the
Rendezvous
. In regards to your request for day passes at the hotel the following now applies.

Half day pass (Morning) Includes Breakfast, Drinks and use of resort facilities from 8:00am to 12 noon. Cost US$49.00

Half day pass (afternoon) Includes Lunch, Afternoon tea, Drinks and use of resort facilities from 12 noon to 6:00pm cost US$65.00.

We will be happy to amend the time to meet your requested time. You can settle the charges at the Reception on arrival after we have confirmed the passes. While we endeavour to serve all our customers in the best manner, we are a couples only hotel and offer the
Rendezvous
experience in a tranquil environment of peace and relaxation. To this end we wish that all groups enjoy the hotel whiles keeping others guest in mind.

The hotel is located 5 minutes from the ports via taxi and cost US$10.00. Passes exclude use of scuba facilities and motorized water sports. Should you require any further information please do not hesitate to contact us.. Please be advised that reservation are needed for final confirmation, you need to e-mail your acceptance of one of the passes so we can make the final reservation. Numbers are limited and booked on a first come first basic also the number of people coming with you and the date is most important, prior to confirmation. Please note that we are an adult only, all inclusive couples only resort.

TI KAYE: Copied from their website, there are also spa and dive passes available, this is only the standard day pass:

**Day Pass: $45 per person (including VAT & service charge)

Day Pass Includes:

Lunch at the beachside bar & grill*

Use of Ti Kaye Resort beach facilities – white sun loungers and blue beach umbrellas, showers, beach towel, lockers and kayaks

Snorkeling equipment for the day

Optional return boat transfers from Point Seraphine (Castries) for US$35 pp

* Lunch at Ti Manje beachside restaurant & bar includes; Two soft drinks or juices, 1 starter & 1 main course or 1 main course & 1 dessert.

Please Note:

Transfers include pickup from Point Seraphine, Castries. Our dive boat leaves promptly at 8:30am. Late arrivals will have to make their own transportation arrangements to Ti Kaye Resort. All prices quoted are in $ USD.

So as far as I can see this is the summary:

Rendezvous - beach/facilities, breakfast and alcoholic drinks included (no snorkeling?)

$20 total taxi ($10 each way, or pp??)

$49 morning day pass / pp

Roughly $118 total for 2 people (not including tax/tip/etc)

Ti Kaye - beach/facilities, snorkeling and kayak, lunch, 2 sodas only (alcohol not included)

$35 water taxi pp (is this each way or round trip?)

$45 day pass / pp

Roughly $160 total for 2 people (not including adult beverages/tax/tip/etc) - assuming water taxi is roundtrip

Have I missed anything? :cool::confused:

Just trying to compile current info about both of these day pass resorts to both help us decide as well as other visitors who may be comparing the two.

RENDEZVOUS: Copied from another thread, I do not see it on their website anywhere so I am guessing this is email info only? :confused:

**Thank you for your interest in the
Rendezvous
. In regards to your request for day passes at the hotel the following now applies.

Half day pass (Morning) Includes Breakfast, Drinks and use of resort facilities from 8:00am to 12 noon. Cost US$49.00

Half day pass (afternoon) Includes Lunch, Afternoon tea, Drinks and use of resort facilities from 12 noon to 6:00pm cost US$65.00.

We will be happy to amend the time to meet your requested time. You can settle the charges at the Reception on arrival after we have confirmed the passes. While we endeavour to serve all our customers in the best manner, we are a couples only hotel and offer the
Rendezvous
experience in a tranquil environment of peace and relaxation. To this end we wish that all groups enjoy the hotel whiles keeping others guest in mind.

The hotel is located 5 minutes from the ports via taxi and cost US$10.00. Passes exclude use of scuba facilities and motorized water sports. Should you require any further information please do not hesitate to contact us.. Please be advised that reservation are needed for final confirmation, you need to e-mail your acceptance of one of the passes so we can make the final reservation. Numbers are limited and booked on a first come first basic also the number of people coming with you and the date is most important, prior to confirmation. Please note that we are an adult only, all inclusive couples only resort.

TI KAYE: Copied from their website, there are also spa and dive passes available, this is only the standard day pass:

**Day Pass: $45 per person (including VAT & service charge)

Day Pass Includes:

Use of Ti Kaye Resort beach facilities – white sun loungers and blue beach umbrellas, showers, beach towel, lockers and kayaks

Optional return boat transfers from Point Seraphine (Castries) for US$35 pp

* Lunch at Ti Manje beachside restaurant & bar includes; Two soft drinks or juices, 1 starter & 1 main course or 1 main course & 1 dessert.

Please Note:

Transfers include pickup from Point Seraphine, Castries. Our dive boat leaves promptly at 8:30am. Late arrivals will have to make their own transportation arrangements to Ti Kaye Resort. All prices quoted are in $ USD.

So as far as I can see this is the summary:

Rendezvous - beach/facilities, breakfast and alcoholic drinks included (no snorkeling?)

$20 total taxi ($10 each way, or pp??)

$49 morning day pass / pp

Roughly $118 total for 2 people (not including tax/tip/etc)

Ti Kaye - beach/facilities, snorkeling and kayak, lunch, 2 sodas only (alcohol not included)

$35 water taxi pp (is this each way or round trip?)

$45 day pass / pp

Roughly $160 total for 2 people (not including adult beverages/tax/tip/etc) - assuming water taxi is roundtrip

Have I missed anything? :cool::confused:

You can alter the time for the lunch at Rendezvous we sent e-mail to them wanting to alter time from 10am till 4pm and there was no problem in doing that cost was still $65 pp all inclusive So thats where we are heading

I just made a reservation at Ti Kaye (we planned to go last year but needed to cancel):This is my confirmation.

Day Pass $51.75 pp (including VAT & service charge)

Optional return boat transfers from Point Seraphine (Castries) for US $40.25 pp

* Lunch at Ti Manje beachside restaurant & bar includes; Two drinks, soft or juices, Piton Beer or Rum Punch, 1 starter & 1 main course or 1 main course & 1 dessert

Not sure why it's different from the web site, but it does include either beer or rum punch. If snorkeling is an interest, Ti Kaye offeres some of the best snorkeling on the island and that was a priority for us.

We were at Ti Kaye and did the day package in January and Robert ( who is no longer there) told us that they had to start charging the new VAT , so the website might not be reflecting that yet.

You absolutely right about the great snorkeling, enjoy!

Edited by erniesband

We were at Ti Kaye and did the day package in January and Robert ( who is no longer there) told us that they had to start charging the new VAT , so the website might not be reflecting that yet.

You absolutely right about the great snorkeling, enjoy!

So excited to hear that the snorkeling is great! Thanks for reporting back.

I just made a reservation at Ti Kaye (we planned to go last year but needed to cancel):This is my confirmation.

Day Pass $51.75 pp (including VAT & service charge)

Optional return boat transfers from Point Seraphine (Castries) for US $40.25 pp

* Lunch at Ti Manje beachside restaurant & bar includes; Two drinks, soft or juices, Piton Beer or Rum Punch, 1 starter & 1 main course or 1 main course & 1 dessert

Not sure why it's different from the web site, but it does include either beer or rum punch. If snorkeling is an interest, Ti Kaye offeres some of the best snorkeling on the island and that was a priority for us.

Sippican- did you email them to book your pass? If so what address did you use? Thanks

Sippican- did you email them to book your pass? If so what address did you use? Thanks

Yes, I did e-mail them. I did not receive a reply the first time so I tried again a week later and was answered immediately.

Here is the address:

diving@tikaye.com

Edited by sippican

Yes, I did e-mail them. I did not receive a reply the first time so I tried again a week later and was answered immediately.

Here is the address:

diving@tikaye.com

Thank you. They have responded immediately. One more rather silly question if you don't mind. We have gone to Jalousie with Spencer Ambrose but the beach chairs the day pass users have are unpadded and confined to a small rather less attractive area of the beach. At Ti Kaye do the day pass users have access to the beautiful padded chairs shown in all the pics? I appreciate your comments.

Thank you. They have responded immediately. One more rather silly question if you don't mind. We have gone to Jalousie with Spencer Ambrose but the beach chairs the day pass users have are unpadded and confined to a small rather less attractive area of the beach. At Ti Kaye do the day pass users have access to the beautiful padded chairs shown in all the pics? I appreciate your comments.

I think it depends on how busy the resort is, but the really nice chairs and the cabanas are for guests of the hotel. When we were there in January we used the older plastic loungers, no pads, and had an umbrella.

I think it depends on how busy the resort is, but the really nice chairs and the cabanas are for guests of the hotel. When we were there in January we used the older plastic loungers, no pads, and had an umbrella.

Erniesband-I appreciate your quick response. This is certainly not a deal breaker but just nice to know ahead of time. We are mainly interested in the snorkeling which sounds very good. My husband would be fine with no chair, towel on the beach if the snorkeling is good, I am on the other end of the lounge chair spectrum but this sounds like a very good compromise. I guess if there are padded chairs available I could always offer to pay a bit more if my "chair envy" was that strong.

It is helpful people like you that make this site so nice:)

The description on their site dies read "white sun loungers, blue beach umbrellas". I'm not sure what that means. I do not believe that we will be restricted as far as beach use. In St Lucia all beaches are public and you can always just put a towel down anywhere. But I do know what you mean about having nice padded chairs!

The description on their site dies read "white sun loungers, blue beach umbrellas". I'm not sure what that means. I do not believe that we will be restricted as far as beach use. In St Lucia all beaches are public and you can always just put a towel down anywhere. But I do know what you mean about having nice padded chairs!

This is what they mean by white sun loungers, blue umbrellas.

<a href=http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3822/12354122024_520065e5de_z.jpg' alt='12354122024_520065e5de_z.jpg'>

DSCF0487 by erniesband, on Flickr[/img]

You can see more pictures from Ti Kaye here - http://www.flickr.com/photos/erniesband/sets/72157640604638873/with/12354122024/

For snorkeling when looking out to sea from the beach start by walking all the way the the right side and go out along the whole wall, the bay is fairly deep and not a good idea to be out there, stay to the side. We've gone out and around the corner a bit. This is the side that has the sun in the AM. Later if you still have the energy do the other side beyond the dock to the left. This is the "nursery" area. It had quite a bit of damage in the last hurricane to hit the island and is slowly recovering. This is where we've seen schools of squid and lots of juvenile fish hiding in the sponges and rocks. Coral is slowly coming back.

Edited by erniesband

This is what they mean by white sun loungers, blue umbrellas.

p><p>For snorkeling when looking out to sea from the beach start by walking all the way the the right side and go out along the whole wall, the bay is fairly deep and not a good idea to be out there, stay to the side. We

The pictures are wonderful - thank you so much for sharing - we also appreciate the snorkeling tips. Nice to see you do get umbrellas with these chairs which is better than Jalousie where even though the beach is public tons of people were huddled under a few shade trees at one small corner of the beach along with all the locals wanting to sell you things.

You'll find there are vendors at this beach too. However, they will come over when you first get there and if you're polite and just say no they will leave you alone for the rest of the day. They don't really hassle the guests at the resort. Watch what happens when the ship's tours on the big cats come in for a little snorkeling/beach time :eek: Which is why you don't want to be snorkeling out in the bay!