Hampton Inn Plantation or Quality Inn Hollywood FLL

vilacr

My family and I are leaving out of PE on 3/18/17 (Conquest) and are looking at these 2 hotels. We previously stayed at La Qunita and Hyatt Place when leaving from PE. My question is which of these 2 hotels would you recommend we book? Hyatt Place is blacked out via valuetrips for our dates.

We have stayed 3 times on Hilton Honor Points at the Hampton Inn Plantation and planned to stay again in February for our Caribbean Princess Cruise out of Port Everglades.

They pick us up at the Fort Lauderdale Airport and Take us to the cruise port the next morning.

Nice hotel with Nice rooms and Hampton Breakfast. Right Next to Broward mall and Target about 1/2 mile away. They even picked us up at Target after we shopped. Also a Red Lobster in Walking distance away which is where we usually go for supper.

What ever you decide, Have a great trip

If you're not dead set on staying near the port or on the beach, the Hampton in Plantation is a good choice. It's located between the Broward Mall and the Fountains shops, so there are a ton of stores and restaurants right there. The Fountains has Five Guys, Lime (mexican), Padrinos's (cuban), Stromboli's (pizza/italian), Gyroville (greek style wraps), Cheese Course (cheese/wine/sandwiches), Duffy's Sports Bar, TooJay's, and a Total Wine & More.

At Broward Mall, ignoring the food court options, they have Brio (italian), Buffalo Wild Wings (sports bar), Red Robin, and Whole Enchilada. Whole Enchilada is a great place to hang out on Friday nights. I don't particularly care for their food (kinda bland) but the drinks are cheap, and in the outdoor seating area by the bar they'll have a live acoustic guitar player, most of them are very good. It's one of our regular happy hour spots for that reason alone.

Another nearby hidden gem for great food right across University Blvd from the mall is a place called Mustard Seed. It's tucked into a strip mall, but they have a great chef and do fantastic steaks, seafood, you name it - and their cupcakes are to die for. For dinner get a reservation, they're small and fill up.

(in case you can't tell, I live in Plantation)

Edited by jeffbrig

Thanks guys!!! I booked Hampton Inn. We are driving down, from Alabama, and needed a safe place with parking. The shuttle to port is a nice, saves on parking. Though we will have to grab a cab or uber back to the hotel.

Plantation is on I595 with direct access to the airport. Maybe 10 minutes of highway driving. The port is only slightly further if you're taking the 17th/Eisenhower entrance. If you take the port entrance from 595, it's just past the airport exit.

To give you an idea, I just dropped my wife off at FLL and it wasn't quite 30 minutes round trip from our house in Plantation.

How much is a taxi or uber from Hampton Inn to the cruise port? I know the hotel offers a shuttle to the port but we have to get back via taxi or uber.

Thanks

A taxi is going to be about $50 and Uber less.

Are you looking for parking while you are on the cruise? If so, then I would look at the La Quinta Inn-FLL Airport. They allow up to 14 days parking with a night's stay.

Am looking at this property also but wonder about the travel time from the airport and then back the next day to the cruise port. Seems like extra time on the road.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

How much is 10-15 minutes more of travel worth to you? The hotel rates in Plantation are sometimes half of what they are near FLL and Port Everglades.

A taxi is going to be about $50 and Uber less.

Are you looking for parking while you are on the cruise? If so, then I would look at the La Quinta Inn-FLL Airport. They allow up to 14 days parking with a night's stay.

Is that the LaQuinta in in Hollywood? Hampton offers 7 nights free parking and $8 for an extra day. Does LaQuinta offer a free shuttle to the port?

Edited by vilacr

Is that the LaQuinta in in Hollywood? Hampton offers 7 nights free parking and $8 for an extra day. Does LaQuinta offer a free shuttle to the port?

The La Quinta - FLL Airport in Hollywood offers 14 days of parking at no charge if you stay one night. They do not have a free port shuttle.

It is my understanding the Hampton Inn Plantation charges $8 per day for parking or at least that is my understanding from personally speaking with the manager a couple weeks ago.

How much is a taxi or uber from Hampton Inn to the cruise port? I know the hotel offers a shuttle to the port but we have to get back via taxi or uber.

Thanks

I took a taxi 3 years ago from the port back to the Plantation Hampton. They charged me $40.00

~~Joel~~

Plantation is on I595 with direct access to the airport. Maybe 10 minutes of highway driving. The port is only slightly further if you're taking the 17th/Eisenhower entrance. If you take the port entrance from 595, it's just past the airport exit.

To give you an idea, I just dropped my wife off at FLL and it wasn't quite 30 minutes round trip from our house in Plantation.

By helicopter?

i spent probably more time comparing and contrasting area hotels then I will stay there and settled on this Hampton. If you book directly and are a member of AAA or AARP you can get a slight break on the cost.

Sent from my iPad using Forums