Diamond Princess-Obst. View - Lights all night?

mlbcruiser

We are considering a couple of different obstructive view cabins on the Diamond Princess (Emerald deck 8, E633 and E420). While these particular cabins do not appear to be totally obstructed (judging by some photos I saw online and the deck plans), does anyone know if the area outside of our window will have lights on all night? One of these cabins appears to be across from what I think is a light situated to shine down onto something (boat, deck, sign?) below. Even if no one has experience with these exact same cabins, I'd really be interested to know if the lights outside of the obstructed view cabins stay on all night and are annoying?

Sure hope someone who knows sees this and answers soon!

Thank you for any replies.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi! We were on the Diamond Princess in 2014 I can't remember the lights outside ever being an issue. But I do know that some people bring a big clip (bulldog clip?) to clip the curtains together so no light gets thru if they don't quite meet. Sorry can't be of more help

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I often use a plastic hair clip for the same thing. Unfortunately, light sometimes shines in from under the hem of the curtain, too. That always depends upon how the window is made and how the curtain fits into or covers it. Thanks for your help!