Bus passes?

Medtech2

I know there is a free trolley that goes around OSJ but we plan on using buses to visit other areas. Rather than carry around a bunch of change are there bus passes available? We will be there 3 days precruise. We have visited cities like Chicago and New York where buying a pass made life very easy.

If there are no passes is change given? Carrying a bunch of coins is heavy!

San Juan bus system is not as reliable as Chicago and NY, you could be waiting one hour for a bus, Saturday's gets slower since most drivers are off and there is no service on Sundays; I would bring some change to test the system and an Uber ready phone to have plan B. Taxi is the most expensive way of transportation we locals hate/avoid them. Bus fare is 75 cents coins only/no bills/no make change. Fare card & day/weekly passes can be purchased at train stations only away from tourist area, you'll have to get a bus connecting with any train station.

https://ati.pr/en/travel-information/

System fare is displyed under Tren Urbano topic.

Edited by Catañoy
typo

I have to honestly say that local public transportation here in PR is garbage. Politics, bad management by unfit people and not a single governor to put a stop to stupid and mounting benefit claims by union workers and their collective agreements (MALE drivers are paid extra bonus on MOTHER'S day for example) have rendered the system unreliable and unusable for everyone except low income families, students on crash budgets, and elderly people. I spent a week during the summer in Washington DC and was amazed at the public transport system. Made PR's system feel like horse-drawn carriages and camel convoys.

Edited by Stinger-pr

What do you think about the free trolley then? That was our plan for OSJ in a few weeks.

I did read a thread about a double decker bus starting soon, but can anyone verify if this is the case? Maybe that would be the way to tour around for a day excursion..?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app