Hampton Inn ? FLL--Bequia???

sunlover5

Sorry if this has been repeated but the search is down!!

Wanting to use Hilton points in Feb. for a "girls" cruise. Going the day before and all flying in at different times, etc. Looking at the Hampton Inn on 12th Ave. 10,000 points less than the Embassy which DH and I stayed at last March and it was wonderful......but don't get me wrong, just don't want to use all my points for us gals to save $$. So my questions???

Good Place to stay???

Restaurant choices nearby(maybe even in walking distance)-one coming from west coast and might not get there till late.

How about a liquor store??? Nice one by the embassy, so I am spoiled.

Plus Hampton has- a shuttle to/from airport and cruise port which will even save them $$ since we are all arriving at different times. THink we'll just split the cost of a taxi to the cruise--what would the cost be???

If going with DH I would definintely get the Embassy again!!

If Bequia, you think honestly we would be happier at the Embassy then I'll splurge with my points!!

Thank you so much, and sorry if this is somewhere else, with search down couldn't find any info.

I'm a big fan of Embassy Suites, love the atrium, nightly free cocktail party and the made to order free breakfast. Plenty of nearby restaurants, safe area.

Can you get the Hampton Inn & Suites in Plantation for the same points as the one on 12th Ave? The Plantation property is in a better location, it offers the free pickup from the airport and the free drop-off to the cruise port as well. There is a far greater selection of shops and restaurants within SAFE walking distance of the Plantation Hampton Inn then the one on 12th.

I tend to spoil myself on vacation. My choice would be the ES if I had a full day to spend their. If I were arriving late in the afternoon or evening, then the Plantation Hampton Inn would be my choice.

Thank you! We will stick with the Embassy, the minute you said SAFE!!

My one girlfriend and I arrive at noon, so we will get full use!!

Thank you, once again knew I could count on you for an answer!!

(Actually the Embassy is only 5000 more than Plantation Hampton!!)

I'm a big fan of Embassy Suites, love the atrium, nightly free cocktail party and the made to order free breakfast. Plenty of nearby restaurants, safe area.

Can you get the Hampton Inn & Suites in Plantation for the same points as the one on 12th Ave? The Plantation property is in a better location, it offers the free pickup from the airport and the free drop-off to the cruise port as well. There is a far greater selection of shops and restaurants within SAFE walking distance of the Plantation Hampton Inn then the one on 12th.

I tend to spoil myself on vacation. My choice would be the ES if I had a full day to spend their. If I were arriving late in the afternoon or evening, then the Plantation Hampton Inn would be my choice.

Shuttle is free, HH points are low and lots of resturants and shopping in the area.

CCrain it shows a mall right across from the hotel. How is the pool?? Three of us will get in around noon. I see where the points are 15,000 less than ES. Think we might try the Plantation Hampton. Will we be stuck out somewhere?? The gals don't want to rack up a lot of expense in taxis. Walking distance to what restaurants???

How long a ride from airport and how long to cruise port?

Did you use their shuttle and how was it.???

Sorry for all the questions and thanks for the info!!!

CCrain it shows a mall right across from the hotel. How is the pool?? Three of us will get in around noon. I see where the points are 15,000 less than ES. Think we might try the Plantation Hampton. Will we be stuck out somewhere?? The gals don't want to rack up a lot of expense in taxis. Walking distance to what restaurants???

How long a ride from airport and how long to cruise port?

Did you use their shuttle and how was it.???

Sorry for all the questions and thanks for the info!!!

The Plantation mall is right across the street. A Target is about 2 blocks away. The pool is a typical hotel pool, outside, but still nice and cool. Within blocks, try google maps, there are several resturants, Chili's-Red Lobster-and a couple of local fame. An Albertson's is about 4 blocks away as is a liquor store.

The shuttle from the airport, just call them when you arrive, is about 15 minutes. Shuttle to the cruise terminal is about 20 minutes. We've used it both ways, no problems. We did have to wait once at the airport for 15 minutes for the shuttle to arrive, but free is free.

Breakfast is typical Hampton Inn, nothing special. The people are nice and friendly, the rooms are newer with good A/C units.

Google Map it, then search for resturants, grocery stores on the satellite view. That will give you a good idea. The area is great for the pre-cruise morning walk.

CCrain that you once again. I talked with the girls and they just want to chill by the pool if nice. We booked it today. I think we willl be happy with the choice and I saved 15,000 points over the Embassy Suites.

Thank you again very much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 more ?'s if you don't mind. Do you sign up for the shuttle to the cruiseport??

CCrain that you once again. I talked with the girls and they just want to chill by the pool if nice. We booked it today. I think we willl be happy with the choice and I saved 15,000 points over the Embassy Suites.

Thank you again very much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 more ?'s if you don't mind. Do you sign up for the shuttle to the cruiseport??

When you check in, tell them you want the shuttle to the cruise port, they will ask you when you want to leave. We've been leaving the hotel around 11am trying to hit that sweet spot between the early arrivers and the next wave. Unless there is a noro clean down of the ship, which backs the lines up, it usually works out well.

Oops hit the wrong button...2nd ?

What time did you check in? Our plane is to arrive around noon, do you know if they would get our luggage while we used the pool?? (Guess I could call and ask);) Thanks!

Call the front desk with any questions. They are a pretty nice bunch...

Archived