sailing tomorrow on the Liberty! weather concerns!

ABQrobin

I usually don't worry about the weather on a cruise, especially this time of year we expect passing showers and clouds. BUT it looks like they are predicting these tropical storms are heading into the Gulf of Mexico (we leave from Galveston), and thunderstorms for both Cozumel and Progreso.

We are booked for Uxmal ruins at Progreso.... and I would think it would still go there if there was some rain predicted, but weather reports are saying 80% chance of thunderstorms. I am wondering if they would cancel the excursion. Anyone have experience with this?

we were scheduled for a ruin tour in Belize 2 years ago and a tropical storm canceled the excursions. Just wondering in Mexico if they have the same concerns (rain, wet rocks, slips and falls) as well as thunderstorms. Not sure they would take a bus of people 90 minutes each way if the ruins are closed due to weather.

thoughts?

Got back last night....

Uxmal was MINDBLOWING! It was thundering and lightning in the distance while we got our tour, and we knew eventually that rain would arrive... about an hour before time for us to leave, it hit. RAIN, and of course we were all at the far back end of the ruins but luckily everyone was down off the pyramid. We all got drenched, it rained hard for a solid hour. We spent the hour at the little shopping area and some of the people went into the restaurant for food which they said was very good. Prices were very good for everything.

I shot video and my DH shot photos so I will have something to share with everyone later this weekend. HIGHLY recommend this tour!