Walking Distance From Pier

DH30

My wife and I are going on a Carnival Cruise in early December. I think we are going to try and walk/taxi from the pier to do a few things. Here are the things I am possibly interested in doing:

1 - Eating - a good place to eat on the beach with good food and good view would be great.

2 - Shopping - We might do some shopping if it is close.

3 - Massages - I have heard you can get some good deals on massages on the beach.

Any advice or recommendations on the above ideas would be greatly appreciated.

The pier is over 4 miles long. I wouldn't want to walk it when I was in my prime and that was a long time ago. Take the bus to the drop off at the straw market. There are several markets and stores around that area. The straw market is 2 or 3 blocks from the beach where you can get food drinks and massages. Le Saint Bonnet has fresh seafood. The fish market is right behind the restaurant and when you order they go out the back door and get it. The market across the street from the drop off has many different small stores that sell everything from food to clothes. I have no idea what I had the eat there but it was wonderful.:D

The bargains are farther away from the beach where the locals shop. You can walk several blocks into town and it is a different world. Small mom and pop stores where the prices are decent. I bought a nice shirt for $8 and beer for a buck a bottle. It helps to speak a little Spanish though.;)

Haven't been there in a few years but there was a double decker bus that did a short tour of town. I think that it was $3 when we were there.

Edited by clackey

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

My dad stops at the massage hut right before the straw market area to get a massage as soon as he gets there. It is inside a building. If you go to the beach there are several massage vendors you can find for a good rub down.

• 7 months later...