Norwegian Getaway Wifi

breakaway44

Which specialty restaurant was the best on the getaway?  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Which specialty restaurant was the best on the getaway?

• Moderno
    • Teppanyaki
    • Cagneys
    • La Cucina

I'm sailing soon on the Norwegian Getaway and was inquiring about how much wifi would cost for the whole week on the ship, and how well the wifi is.

100 minutes for $55

250 minutes for $100

It was the poorest WiFi I have experienced on a cruise ship thus far. Could not even get it to work on my computer but could get it to work on those in the internet cafe when in port.

Edited by ks

The wifi was very very slow. You will actually not be able you use it a all in port at St Maarten due to mountains , but they warn you about this in the Daily.

We only used about 3/4 of our 110 minutes. You do recieve 10% extra for buying a package on day 1, and an extra bonus depending on your Latitudes status.

Hmm. Just of the Breakaway and they have changed to a high speed wifi based on data usage not minutes. I purchased 300mb of data for $19.00 and it lasted for the whole week, even using Viber and What's App to talk and text, checking emails and some light internet surfing. It was really fast and I was impressed.

Not sure if it's only on the Breakaway, but I hope the whole fleet follows suit!

Edited by cls711

Hmm. Just of the Breakaway and they have changed to a high speed wifi based on data usage not minutes. I purchased 300mb of data for $19.00 and it lasted for the whole week, even using Viber and What's App to talk and text, checking emails and some light internet surfing. It was really fast and I was impressed.

Not sure if it's only on the Breakaway, but I hope the whole fleet follows suit!

I read somewhere on the boards that the change on Breakaway was because she docks in Bermuda for 3 days and they did not want to lose business to local wifi providers- something along those lines.

Would be great- except i really DO love to UNPLUG when i cruise!